Hacking Ps vita boot loop after instaling autoplugin

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
did you fix the problem?
in a few hours I will try to boot psvita tv ins safe mode and make a restore, hope I can go back to where I was (enso and vitashell from mi Original memory card), then I will try again to make my hdd work....that part I don´´t know what to try

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I wish you luck. one good thing to remember is that the vita is about as hacked as the ps3, so almost anything can be done or redone within a matter of minutes.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The issue may be that it takes too long for a HDD to spin up for the Vita to be able to boot from it... I hope not - is only a guess.

The fact that you saw it using USBMC in vitashell to me means you set up the drive right.

If the issue is that it takes the HDD too long to start up, you could always use a sd2vita for ux0 (Vita games) and uma0 as the mounted hard drive for retro games - setting your emulators (including Adrenaline) to uma0.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was using a flash drive a long time ago on the pstv, but I figured, what if I need to use the recovery menu or something? as a result, I changed to sd2vita.

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The issue may be that it takes too long for a HDD to spin up for the Vita to be able to boot from it... I hope not - is only a guess.

The fact that you saw it using USBMC in vitashell to me means you set up the drive right.

If the issue is that it takes the HDD too long to start up, you could always use a sd2vita for ux0 (Vita games) and uma0 as the mounted hard drive for retro games - setting your emulators (including Adrenaline) to uma0.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk
maybe...but I think I saw someone that could make what I try (boot from an hdd).

I already have a vita (Portable one) with sd2vita

I download this 2 pack

One is about 20 gb, I use that with the portable vita, is very good, the other pack is 200gb, that why I want this to work, with a 500gb hdd, so i have space for that and some vita games, a large micro sd is too cheap for me right now and I allready have these things, but the pack says it only works installed from uxo

=(

Last edited by peke,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never used the storage thing you're using, but I did use usbmc. I had no problems with it and a flash drive. I don't have the room for an actual hdd, powered or otherwise. however, as you know, I switched to an sd2vita. I've had my fair share of vita problems, but I've always solved them in the end. some were a pita though.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ya the usbmc is automaticaly for mounting usb devices. The Storagemanaget gives u the ability to configure wich device is where mounted in a short config. And to configure the order of the devices. So u can use your Sonycard as backup and using it mounted before internal Space, like a SD2VitaCard.

Reactions: Anderxale

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Ya the usbmc is automaticaly for mounting usb devices. The Storagemanaget gives u the ability to configure wich device is where mounted in a short config. And to configure the order of the devices. So u can use your Sonycard as backup and using it mounted before internal Space, like a SD2VitaCard.
do you have an hdd as external storage? does it work? my idea is to have an hdd as uxo, don´t mind if I use my sony card any longer

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you have an hdd as external storage? does it work? my idea is to have an hdd as uxo, don´t mind if I use my sony card any longer
I've almost got it too hahaha.

My uma0 is 1 TB.
c9943cf8f4eb2e1a8b39610952a9ba06.jpg
I decided to try to make yamt work...
Update: Nope to yamt - crashes.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got some news.

I tried hard to get the HDD as boot but I was unable. I know that I was doing it right because I could boot with other USB drives while attempting boot using the HDD.

Not a total loss as I may have an answer.
a20764c9d3aeb334ab6b5e68aa9eb7b5.jpg
First to prepare the drives.
I formatted to exFat, but I read Fat32 works too.
I used Win32DiskImager to write zzBlank.img to the drive.
I then formatted the drive again (I failed to mount without this).

Then I tried to mount.

I can mount the HDD just fine, but every time I try to boot with it the HDD put me into a boot loop and I was unable to use L to load without plugins. So every HDD attempt required me to format the PSTV and hack from scratch - but since I was already on 3.60 firmware I could just go to henkaku.xyz to install henkaku.

After installing henkaku 3.60 using the website, I set henkaku settings to install unsafe homebrew, then I installed:
Enso.vpk and run/install/reboot.
USBMC.vpk
Vitashell.vpk
Then I ran USBMC and installed/reboot.

After that I can mount usb drives in vitashell - copy files to and from the mounted drive. This works for my HDD, a SD USB adapter, and a USB flash drive.

To boot from USB, I was successful using other storage types by:
One way I got it working, I ran USBMC app a second time and choosing to use the USB as memory card and I chose to copy everything over. After the install it rebooted and ux0 was my thumb drive. I could mount imc0 using vitashell.
58c4e02fb507e1044b34d228dfe76afb.jpg
This didn't work with the HDD.

I also got it to work setting up "SD2Vita" in AutoPluginII. Choosing UMA to ux0 and imc0 to internal storage (I had everything else turned off). This didn't work with the HDD.

I also got it to work by installing StorageMgr plugin and in the storage config txt I added INT=imc0 and I changed the third line to UMA=ux0. This didn't work with the HDD.
None of the 3 ways above worked with my HDD but they worked at making my thumb drives boot as ux0.

But my HDD is ux0!
I install the USBMC and I can mount HDD to ux0. I copy everything to it. My PSTV can go into "Standby" mode (sleep) and when woken back up the HDD is still attached to ux0.

To achieve this...
Run USBMC to install and reset but DO NOT run USBMC to install a second time which would switch the USB to memory card. This would cause a boot loop with the HDD.

Instead open vitashell and hit triangle button and choose Mount uma0. This mounts the HDD to uma0.
b29cfe9f56edc37ea2e1f5529c9fc4a0.jpg
Go down and enter ux0 folder.
Move the highlight down onto any folder other than the top. Press triangle and choose "Mark all".
Triangle again while all folders are marked and choose "Copy".
Leave the ux0 folder by pressing circle and enter the uma0 folder.
Press Triangle and choose paste - wait for all files to copy.
fafae8a7174b1d34f8fe9a3015f434be.jpg
After the files are copied press circle again to see all the drive folders and then press triangle. Choose "Mount USB ux0". Your HDD is now ux0.
cdb93028af8d5ab7919091a871c6d9b8.jpg
Triangle again and choose "Mount imc0" so your internal that was ux0 is mounted again.
This setup works if you put the PSTV into Standby mode and wake it back up... But if you turn off or restart, you will have to go to vitashell again and mount the HDD to uma0, then ux0 and finally mount the internal to imc0.
a20764c9d3aeb334ab6b5e68aa9eb7b5.jpg
Games work, with caveat.
After every reset they show corrupt, but don't worry. After mounting the HDD in vitashell they work again until the next reset.
560698c15941711220d14f01b6c6714c.jpg
It seems everything would work perfect if there was a way to automount the drive after boot before getting to play - or forcing it to wait for the drive before booting.

Last edited by Anderxale,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
U are on firm 3.60, normaly the tools should not have any problems. Did u check the tuturials from the vita hack site wich i posted? This is normaly noob friendly. I use Storagemanager and the hdd mounts without trouble. Try to power on the hdd first then start the vita for better recognize.

Last edited by Sypherone,

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
U are on firm 3.60, normaly the tools should not have any problems. Did u check the tuturials from the vita hack site wich i posted? This is normaly noob friendly. I use Storagemanager and the hdd mounts without trouble. Try to power on the hdd first then start the vita for better recognize.
When turning the PSTV on after unplugged, do you have to mount the HDD to ux0 in vitashell before you can play games?

Do you put the PSTV in standby mode? Or do you turn it off?

I've followed all the guides! I know them by heart too but read them again due to the confusion of it not working.

Anderxale

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I found a possible answer.
Anyone with a booting HDD drive tell me their speed?

Possible my drive is too slow.

Post By BorderTrader on Reddit:
No success with driver 5400 rpm and slower.
Success at 7200 rpm.
ce8269cafcd07d5e13a95d6ee8564c69.jpg

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Turn the Vita and HDD (WD Elements) hole off, over a switch on a multipower outlet. The ux0 on uma is configured in a small script for Storagemanager. Mostly of the time the harddrive is regocnized without Problems. Then i have to mount it over vitashell.

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
thanks to all. i finaly get out of boot loop by restoring on safe mode. but my hack is lost. I'm on 3.60 and get stuck on this

If you have VitaShell installed from a previous homebrew installation, HENkaku won't install molecularShell as it will detect a pre-existing taiHEN config. This will not be an issue

don't know if is convinient to update or how to re install henkaku as it never been installed before

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think with safemode u mean the recovery mode. The recovery mode normaly should restore the original state. Get a image of the Sony 3.60 firmware. Put it on USB. Then go to recovery menu and install it over the update function. It should restore the original state. Then install Henkaku. I needed to do something like this on my own. First update, then h-encore, downgrade, then henkaku, restore again, henkaku again😆

peke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I think with safemode u mean the recovery mode. The recovery mode normaly should restore the original state. Get a image of the Sony 3.60 firmware. Put it on USB. Then go to recovery menu and install it over the update function. It should restore the original state. Then install Henkaku. I needed to do something like this on my own. First update, then h-encore, downgrade, then henkaku, restore again, henkaku again😆
now my ps vita tv is on 3.60, but can´t install henkaku since I used to have it, I wil dig what you say and tell

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1