Hacking PS Vita Ark-2 FW 3.55

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I have a vita with 3.55 FW. I got an exploitable game and the save data. I have ark-2 installed and can access the e-psp but for the life of me I cant get any homebrew to work! I also have access to ftp.
from what I understand, u take the folder like nester j. Put it in a folder called GAME and put that in a psp folder, so it looks like psp/GAME/nester j. Then add that to an archive with no compression and name it INSTALL.ZIP. So I take the INSTALL.ZIP and use content manager to move it to where my save data is and copy it back over. Then install it from your psp section. So when I do that, i trigger the exploit and go to the psp. A blue line runs down the screen. Then I noticed if I hit R I get something called a blue screen of death. I take the install.zip out and it goes away. Ive also tried to put it on via ftp but that shows corrupt data. PLEASE help me. Ive been trying to get ANYTHING to work since october. Many thanks.

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the exact same problem lol
Hey I think I have this problem figured out. There is not a lot of acurate info out there for people on 3.55 for some reason. Maybe its cause the info is only two months old. Like dude above me said, write to vhbl.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PSP/GAME is no longer writable in recent firmwares. Use PSP/VHBL/ instead.
Hey. Okay, so I figured that out yesterday morning. So, what about psp games and ps1? from what I understand, ps1 has no sound. But do I also change those fro EBOOT to FBOOT? Im so happy I finally got this. My emus look great on the oled screen!

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just place PSP isos at ms0:/ISO/. I'm using 138menu, so it detects all my isos and I just run it straight away from that. Can't tell you specifically about PS1 games, as I haven't copied any to my Vita, but I thought it was pretty much the same as PSP games. (Copy the ISO, run the ISO.)

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just place PSP isos at ms0:/ISO/. I'm using 138menu, so it detects all my isos and I just run it straight away from that. Can't tell you specifically about PS1 games, as I haven't copied any to my Vita, but I thought it was pretty much the same as PSP games. (Copy the ISO, run the ISO.)
i think thats one of the big steps i missed for some reason. Is there anyway you could shoot a link up here and a brief explanation on how to install it? With 138 menu, is that the one where you make the install.zip archive? I have a wooden looking menu, but the only way I was even able to get that, was by accident. When I would access the vsh menu by pressing select, at the recovery menu it says run program at /TNV_00000/RECOVERY.PBP it would connect to the ftp program. I dont know how to point it some where else to get it to run that, so I had this other eboot that i actually thought was something else. I renamed it to RECOVERY.PBP and put it in this location. So when I choose the run program option it goes to one menu.
So, now the 3 homebrews im experimenting with are there. Vita ftp, psp filer and nester j. This one menu has 3 sections; homebrew, games and zip file. The zip file has INS_FILE.ZIP and INS_FTP.ZIP. Im assuming these are the INSTALL.ZIP's but where do I but those? In VHBL? And when add them to an archive is it psp/game/homebrew or psp/VHBL/homebrew? I heard u cant write to game.
One more thing, when I get a new memory card, im assuming im going to have to redownload Mimana lyar Chronicles?
Please help

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://wololo.net/downloads/index.php/download/8184

You install it to the ARK_01234 folder. It will overwrite VBOOT.PBP. The INSTALL.ZIP method only applies if you're using the savedata transfer... If you have FTP working, honestly I'd just recommend doing that. You can transfer files without zipping them using VitaFTP. On firmware 3.55, all your homebrew should go in PSP/VHBL because we can't write to PSP/game. You don't need a "homebrew" subfolder. For example, I have ms0:/PSP/VHBL/PicoDrive/

If you plan to use ARK/TN-V on the new memory card, then yes, you will need to re-download Mimana and run the exploit on that memory card. As long as you're using the same Vita system, you may be able to just restore the backed-up bubble from your original memory card, but I'm not sure about that. (I do know that all apps are tied to your system though, so there's no way you can restore a backup from one system onto a different system.)

Goatsie666

Head Smithy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You install it to the ARK_01234 folder. It will overwrite VBOOT.PBP. The INSTALL.ZIP method only applies if you're using the savedata transfer... If you have FTP working, honestly I'd just recommend doing that. You can transfer files without zipping them using VitaFTP. On firmware 3.55, all your homebrew should go in PSP/VHBL because we can't write to PSP/game. You don't need a "homebrew" subfolder. For example, I have ms0:/PSP/VHBL/PicoDrive/

If you plan to use ARK/TN-V on the new memory card, then yes, you will need to re-download Mimana and run the exploit on that memory card. As long as you're using the same Vita system, you may be able to just restore the backed-up bubble from your original memory card, but I'm not sure about that. (I do know that all apps are tied to your system though, so there's no way you can restore a backup from one system onto a different system.)
thank you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have 2 folders in 138 menu zip, ark and vhbl. What do I do with those? Ark has vboot and vhbl has eboot.

ttengg

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
what exploit game did you use? they should also release exploit for free games so we dont need to buy the game

shadowcopalypse

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
homebrew didn't work for me when using vitaFTP, transfering files through qCMA makes roms work fine. if that issue is present.

same deal with emulators.

No need to zip them btw. simply put the main folder. The one with an eboot.in to vhbl .

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1