PS Vita and PS TV Firmware Help and Questions

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by benbassist, Mar 7, 2016.

1. benbassist
    OP

benbassist Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 27, 2009
    Hi,

I own a PS TV on 3.57 and a PS Vita on the way.

1. Is it possible to get the PS TV whitelist hack working using my Vita when it arrives?

2. I want to be able to run my old psp games on my vita and copy the saves but i still would like to play PSN games .

3. I own some PSN games will i be able to copy them from the ps tv to my vita ?

Any help with this would be much appreciated thanks.

2. Voxel

Voxel Clumsy Coder

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    1. Nope. That simply wouldn't work. The only methods to use the whitelist hack require the mail exploit which got patched in 3.55. There's no way to transfer a whitelist patch from Vita to PSTV.

2. You'd be out of luck because you can't use PSN features under the latest firmware.

3. No because you can't connect PSTV to Vita in any way.

To answer your questions all in one, you simply just can't connect "vita" to vita (PSTV is technically classed as Vita but just on a TV with some limitations to it), but if you already have a PS3 on the latest OFW, you can access PSN, download your PSP/Vita games, and then connect your PSTV and/or Vita to that and transfer games that way only.

3. MDashK

MDashK GBAtemp Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Internetus Exploratis
    The only way you could possibly remotely transfer the games from Vita to PSTV and vice-versa, would be to:

- Install the games legitelly in the device that has the correspondent PSN Account;
    - Do the clear ID.dat memory card hack
    - Insert the memory card (with the games installed) in the other device

That way, the games would be usable in the other device that has a different PSN account.

I did this with demos. Installed them in my PSTV and transfered them to my 3.57 Vita using the memory card hack. But then again... Not sure if it works with paid installed games. It supposedly should work. The console would simply detect the game as a pre-installed one (AFAIK).

Of course... For all of this... You would need the mail exploit hack to be available in 1 of the devices.