Hacking PS Vita 2.60 Firmware

matt_tee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

I have recently come into the possession of a PS Vita 1103, with 2.60 Firmware installed.

What is my best route/option to hack and install homebrew on it?

Update to 3.70 right away then hack? Or is there a better way to do it?

Just want to make sure that I do it correctly the first time.

Thank you

Matt

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh, yeah, you're best off updating to 3.70, following the tutorial for the Trinity exploit, downgrading to 3.60 with Modoru, and then installing henkaku enso.

https://vita.hacks.guide/

...although, following the guide to just update directly from the fw you're on to 3.60 may be simpler, depending on your familiarity with the system and the exploits.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: matt_tee

matt_tee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
tbh, yeah, you're best off updating to 3.70, following the tutorial for the Trinity exploit, downgrading to 3.60 with Modoru, and then installing henkaku enso.

...although, following the guide to just update directly from the fw you're on to 3.60 may be simpler, depending on your familiarity with the system and the exploits.

Thank you for your help, and I will take a look.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your help, and I will take a look.
No probs.
You've got to ask yourself how much you want to do with your Vita - it could be that you'd be okay just updating to 3.70 and installing Trinity, but it may be that you want the 'cold boot' benefits of enso... whatever way you decide to go, that guide's got you covered.

Reactions: matt_tee

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
umm sorry to disagree with duwen, but I had a low firmware Vita I updated to 3.60 and hacked the other day, took a few minutes. To be honest, you are best just updating to 3.60 via DNS and hacking rather than updating to 3.70.

Updating to 3.70 then hacking and downgrading and re-hacking will take you a lot more time.

https://vita.hacks.guide/updating-firmware-(3.60)

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Updating from 2.60 to 3.70 and then to downgrade to 3.60 is pretty bullshit, don't do that.
It requires you to buy PSP games from the PSN to get the 3.70 hack after activating the device.

You can follow this small video tut:

That's how I updated my psvita from 3.61 to 3.65. You don't need to do the DNS method but you can try it if you want.

Note: see the YT description to download the desired firmware.

Last edited by CTR640,
Reactions: SCOTT0852

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It requires you to buy PSP games from the PSN to get the 3.70 hack after activating the device.

You don't have to "buy" anything - it uses a free demo, with the exception a minority of Asian regional consoles that don't have a free demo available.

Whatever you do, you have to update. To which firmware depends on your requirements and how you intend to use the exploited system; If you don't care about 'coldboot' and want better compatability with faster loading and no requirement for comapatibility packs - go straight to 3.70... if you want coldboot with more plugins and homebrew options - upgrade to 3.60.
Also, you're not stuck on whatever firmware you go to; if you go to 3.70 and decide you want 3.60 for coldboot, it's an easy process to downgrade... similarly, if you go to 3.60 but want to go to 3.65/3.68/3.70 it's not a problem.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh I see. Weren't the free demo's pulled from the PSN?
Nope, all still up as far as I know - and vita.hacks.guide still shows it as a step in the Trinity install.
https://vita.hacks.guide/preparing-for-trinity said:
Section IV - Installing Exploit Game
  1. Launch the PS Store
  2. Download one of the following demos corresponding to your region:
    • Europe: Ape Quest
    • North America & Singapore: LocoRoco Midnight Carnival
    • Japan: YS seven

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the demo's have been taken down recently, vitahacks just hasn't been updated, also adrenaline doesn't work on 3.70

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
the demo's have been taken down recently, vitahacks just hasn't been updated, also adrenaline doesn't work on 3.70

upload_2019-6-19_17-30-7.png

I have no idea about any of this, but it seems like the demo still lives.

Vinceherman

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
oh ok wow weird, I read on here they had been taken down, so I checked on Sony website myself two days ago and ape quest demo wasn't there..... however I just checked now and the demo is up, i stand corrected!

miss_nakano

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Wow, I didnt know that 3.61++ is quite a hassle to hack compared to 3.60(which to few minutes to me). So glad that I stopped playing my vita exactly when it was on 3.60. Now my question is..which firmware is better 3.60 or 3.65?

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, as @CTR640 said, do NOT update to 3.70, it s stupid.

Update to 3.65 and install ref00d and enso if you want coldboot cfw (and other enso advantages)
Wow, I didnt know that 3.61++ is quite a hassle to hack compared to 3.60(which to few minutes to me). So glad that I stopped playing my vita exactly when it was on 3.60. Now my question is..which firmware is better 3.60 or 3.65?
3.60 is just fine, install ref00d to play newer games.

3.65 if you want faster(1-2 secs) game boot for 3.65 games (no improvements for 3.67+ games)

Reactions: Garcimak

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What do you mean it's quite a hassle to hack 3.61++? Last year I've never installed the hack on my psvita 3.65 and it was the very first time and for a starter it worked perfectly in one first try. Installing the 3.70 hack on the other hand... is quite a hassle yes.

But you cannot go wrong with either 3.60 or 3.65. If you're on 3.60, stay on it. If you're on 3.65.....stay on it :P
If you're on 3.71.... send it to outer space and maybe aliens can hack it haha

Last edited by CTR640,

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I've now done henkaku enso on 3.60, h-encore on 3.67, and trinity on 3.70... imo, henkau is the easiest and h-encore is the most hassle. Anyone with a 3.67/3.68 vita should definitely skip h-encore and upgrade to 3.70 to do the Trinity hack then downgrade to 3.60/3.65 if required.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've now done henkaku enso on 3.60, h-encore on 3.67, and trinity on 3.70... imo, henkau is the easiest and h-encore is the most hassle. Anyone with a 3.67/3.68 vita should definitely skip h-encore and upgrade to 3.70 to do the Trinity hack then downgrade to 3.60/3.65 if required.
Yeah I remember the h-encore method. It took me a while but that was the only way to install the hack as there was no hack for 3.70 last year. Rest assured, I've backupped the h-encore and on all of my memcards. Because of the backupped h-encore, I only needed to downgrade and done.

The 3.60 seems to be most easiest according to the others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1