gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hey i wanted to get my old PS modded so i can play all the SF,KOF,JoJo and Capcom vs SNK Pro iso i got on my TV i reli getting bored of playing them on the PC. anyway anyone in the UK know where i could get a chip for my PS

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
www.eurasia.nu sell modchips for $4 (£2) although shipping will probably be $7 or so. They take paypal as well which is handy.
smile.gif

If you aren't upto installing a modchip, the swap trick works a charm. There are several ways to do it. The cheapest way is to bluetack down the lid and swap out an original game for a backup whilst it boots up past the Sony logo but it takes practise to do and if you're like me you'll scratch up your original disc over time.

Next cheapest way is to get a pressed cheat CD like an explorer/action replay disc (I had a final fantasy 9 cheat disc I got free in a magazine for example), blue tack the sensor down, boot up with the cheat cd, cd will stop spinning once the cheat menu comes up. Swap for the backup and exit the cheat menu, the game will boot!

Similary if you have an older model playstation with the data/com port thing on the back you could get one of these, which work in the same way... just bluetack the sensor down (or use a spring to keep it down), boot with an original game into the cheat cart and swap out for a backup.

A few games such as Gran Turismo 2 won't work with the swap trick because the game will recheck the TOC after the disc has booted, but very few games ever bothered doing this, so on the whole compatibility is very very good.

smile.gif

gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks for all the help
smile.gif
il try it tomorrow and tell ya how it goes got my copie of Capcom vs SNK Pro ready and SFA3 oh and not forgetting Jo Jo bizarre adventure

Xeijin

Trophies
Website
www.xeijin.org
XP
Country
Or why not get one of those PS2 > PC Adaptors (allows you to connect PS1/2 Pads to your PC) that way you can carry on playing them (at a higher resolution) and any other emulator games
smile.gif

The dual one (plug two in at the same time) is pretty cheap on dealextreme.

gov78

Ha made you Look
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok 1 Last question what speed should i burn the isos at since i sometimes get skipping in game when i burn them at high speed whats a good speed to burn them at?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.