OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Source: http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65033

QUOTE said:
Don't go popping that cork off the champagne bottle yet now that PSJailbreak is out. Reports say that there is a chance for the PS3 to detect the jailbreak and thus, consequently, get your PSN account banned, similar to how the XBL does it.

According to SKFU and RichDevX, while you are logged into PSN, the Backup manager game ID (LAUN-12345) could be logged or recorded by Sony. This could then allow Sony to see if you are using the PSJailbreak/clone. As it is, Sony actually does impose bans on both PSN accounts and PS3 systems, resulting to the 800A227 error code.

So if you want to steer clear of trouble with Sony while still enjoying PSjb, it probably would be best if you don't go online and play first to avoid detection.

Just reporting the find.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Rydian said:
Thoob said:
This was posted in the other thread, there's no need to create a separate one for this.
A - Separate thread with information about banning.
B - Expecting somebody to read over 90 pages (as of this post) to find this important information.

I GO WITH CHOICE A.

I pretty much agree.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well I didn't hear about this before. I'm seriously considering not buying one now. £100 so I can go and get banned from online? I'd rather spend £300+ a year on games while keeping online.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
giratina16 said:
Well I didn't hear about this before. I'm seriously considering not buying one now. £100 so I can go and get banned from online? I'd rather spend £300+ a year on games while keeping online.

It was pretty much assumed that this would happen. Sony doesn't tolerate this sort of thing very well.

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry if its been posted but like this it is waay easier to find.
And yer if its PS3 crippling thats is seriously gonna mess up my plans. I was gonna get the PS3 and the usb for online and XBOX 360 and flash it for offline play.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
if you plan on still having online dont buy one no way in hell sony is gonna let this go...if they catch you most likely will ban you just like microsoft does

ThatDudeWithTheFood

TRIANGLEZ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cant you just make an offline profile and set it as default so you can have an online profile and not get banned.
So you could have to profiles like
Profile1.Offline
Profile2.Online
and set the offline to default so the psjailbreak cant be found by psn.

CJL18

Trophies
Website
www.2shared.com
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Cant you just make an offline profile and set it as default so you can have an online profile and not get banned.
So you could have to profiles like
Profile1.Offline
Profile2.Online
and set the offline to default so the psjailbreak cant be found by psn.

no because it records everything your doing. Lets say you play wiht the ps3 jailbreak offline, and then go online to play a legit game i'm pretty sure sony can find out that you were playing on the backupmanager offline once you connect back to psn. I dunno know time will tell

DEagleson

Gamer Extraordinaire
Trophies
Website
raptr.com
XP
Country
Norway
Guess Sony will ban the console just like Microsoft.
If you where just messing around with your profile they could do a profile ban.
(And i like having online play so im gonna continue buy my games for PS3.)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Doesn't matter if you use it offline only. If you log online after using it, Sony will know what you did when you were offline from the last time you were online up to this point.

In other words, when you go online, the information about what you did offline is sent to Sony. In other words, if you don't want your ps3 to be banned, you must remain offline with the ps3 that used jailbreak.

Unless you never go online, you have no privacy of what you do on your ps3. Sony knows what you did when you were offline the second you go online.

So you have 3 choices:

1) Use it online, you are banned.

2) Use it offline, but the next time you go online, Sony receive the information about what you did offline, you are banned.

3) Remain offline forever, in which case, is the same thing as being banned.

There is no situation in which you can win. You don't pay for the jailbreak or pirating games, you pay 140$ to get banned.

If you want to go online, wait for a real modchip. You can't really get banned with a modchip, since it's purely hardware. It make a burned disc be recognized as a retail game. Sony would never be able to tell the difference. I've been having a modchip on my 360 for years (not softmod, but an actual modchip) and play online constantly and MS still hasn't banned me.

They ban people who flash their dvd firmware because MS can tell the dvd firmware version is different from the original. However for modchips, you can't actually tell if a piece of hardware was added by using software, so they can't really find out and ban you, unless you actually go tell them.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Giga_Gaia said:
Doesn't matter if you use it offline only. If you log online after using it, Sony will know what you did when you were offline from the last time you were online up to this point.

In other words, when you go online, the information about what you did offline is sent to Sony. In other words, if you don't want your ps3 to be banned, you must remain offline with the ps3 that used jailbreak.

Unless you never go online, you have no privacy of what you do on your ps3. Sony knows what you did when you were offline the second you go online.

So you have 3 choices:

1) Use it online, you are banned.

2) Use it offline, but the next time you go online, Sony receive the information about what you did offline, you are banned.

3) Remain offline forever, in which case, is the same thing as being banned.

There is no situation in which you can win. You don't pay for the jailbreak or pirating games, you pay 140$ to get banned.

If you want to go online, wait for a real modchip. You can't really get banned with a modchip, since it's purely hardware. It make a burned disc be recognized as a retail game. Sony would never be able to tell the difference. I've been having a modchip on my 360 for years (not softmod, but an actual modchip) and play online constantly and MS still hasn't banned me.

They ban people who flash their dvd firmware because MS can tell the dvd firmware version is different from the original. However for modchips, you can't actually tell if a piece of hardware was added by using software, so they can't really find out and ban you, unless you actually go tell them.

Are you retarded or something, or are you just talking out your ass? A modchip is detectable also. Original Xbox owners that got banned from live with just a modchip say hi.

petspaps

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Giga_Gaia said:
If you log online after using it, Sony will know what you did when you were offline from the last time you were online up to this point.
I call "bullshit".
Back it up with citations/sources/proof.

Second the notion. I didn't think the PS3 retained detailed title info - wouldn't it have just the general info. And i was thinking it still is a possibility that there will be a update to combat this major product flaw problem.

iNFiNiTY

Trophies
XP
It doesn't matter if they can see you running Backup Manager or not. The exploit is easily fixed, so they will just do a PSN update and then you won't be able to use it anyway. I'd guess the PS3 probably does log game usage anyway though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk