Hacking PS Downgrade unable to downgrade unhacked PS3?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Can't fit the actual thought in the title, but...

What if the downgrade is actually something that modifies the PS3's firmware during the upgrade to 3.50 (or whatever) and introduces a bug or method to allow it to be downgraded? All the descriptions start with having the ability to update and then they mention downgrading...

If so, then this couldn't be used on PS3s that were updated to 3.42+ the normal way.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The downgrader does not update only downgrades, and this was intended for 3.42 and 3.50 users. That is why the were selling it at $40 USD plus the cost of a psjailbreak. However, they have come to their senses, and now it is free for all original psjailbreak users.

So yeah you can downgrade all ps3s 3.50 and 3.42 to 3.41. I doubt it will work for higher firmwares since Sony will probably block this. We'll have to wait and see.

Sephxus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you recall correctly, originally the psdowngrader would downgrade only once. Originally, it served only one purpose: to downgrade to 3.41. One ps3 at a time.

psdowngrade does not upgrade ps3's firmware. I'm sure.

Edit:
QUOTE said:
The wait is finally over! New users above 3.41 fw its time to join in on the fun. Thanks to PS Downgrade, PS Jailbreak is now available for all 44 million users.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No..

QUOTE said:
PS Downgrade is now officially free and provides unlimited uses for ALL users, past and future. Download PS Updater v1.1 and your PS Downgrade files and start enjoying TODAY!!!

You can go back and forth between 3.50 and 3.41 at anytime as many time as you want.
smile.gif

http://psjailbreak.com/news

Reboot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read somewhere that you could only dowgrade to the lowest firmware that was ever installed on a ps3. So if it had 3.5 from the factory, can you still downgrade?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: But I bet that would be more for a flashcart than a consumer repro board.