OP
Trophies
Website
compfaqz.wordpress.com
XP
Country
India
playstation-3-slim.jpg

Jack Tretton, President and CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment of America, has told Forbes that Nintendo’s Wii U unveiling at E3 hasn’t prompted Sony in the least to think about bringing out a new PlayStation console. Tretton claims that the console isn’t a threat and said that ”if you’re looking at high def gaming, that was 2006 for us.” Clearly Tretton wasn’t the least bit impressed with Wii U, but with PlayStation 3 sales figures declining in the West I suspect he should be slightly more worried than he’s letting on…[/p]

QUOTE said:
“I think there’s ground to be carved out for everybody. But I didn’t see anything about Nintendo’s announcement that said ‘Oh, we’d better get working on rolling out a new PlayStation here pretty soon.’”

“Our attitude is kind of ‘welcome to the party.’ If you’re looking at being a multimedia entertainment device, if you’re looking at high def gaming, that was 2006 for us.”

“PlayStation 3 is really just hitting its stride. And technologically, I don’t think it’s possible to provide any advancement beyond what we have,”

“What we’ve seen from the competition is trying to add features that already exist in PlayStation 3. We invested heavily in that, we rolled a very heavy rock up a steep hill, through the launch period. But now I think that all pays off, and we’ve got a long run way behind it. So, I wouldn’t look for any discussion of a next generation PlayStation for quite some time.”

Source

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
This is kinda repeated, but some parts are missing from the previous post.

Despite what he said, I would expect a PS4 quite soon. Or maybe Vita fully becoming the potential PS3 'Wii U' like controller to increase it's lifespan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.