Homebrew ps 1 emulation

sandreezy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is ps1 emulation on the DS possible? or am i just giving the ds too much credit.

FFT and FF7 on the ds would own everything

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
No way, PS2 emulation would be way better =P

The DS emulating SNES is just breaking through right now, but dont expect much more than that I say.

But then again what do I know?

sandreezy

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ill settle for ff6 for snes and ff3 for ds then
biggrin.gif

but man, that would be tight

Suzaku X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, since a single PS1 game is like 700mbs, that's pretty big. And the hardware is not nearly powerful enough to handle it (you need a decent computer just for PS1 games), so it's pretty much impossible.

If you want to play PS1 games on the go, I'd suggest getting a PSP. They're gonna release an official PS1 emulator for it, and a service to download PS1 games to your PSP wirelessly.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, it is obvious that PS1 games can be ported pretty faithfully but emulation is a very different beast. Just take a look at RE:DS. It is the same damn game. I think the DS is more than capable of doing PS1 type visuals....but I have to say.....other than the cool factor, why? there is a reason why the DS is the #1 handheld right now and it is not because it can do PS1 games.

No Name Trowa Barton

Namaiki iun-ja naiyo™
Trophies
Website
www.NoNameTrowaBarton.com
XP
Country
United States
i wouldnt say imposible.

but the end result definitly wouldnt be playable by any sence of the word.

the ds strugles to put 3d on the screen as is.

compare animal crossings ds (which is a ds graphics intesive game)
to say
monster hunter portable on the psp?

ok we all know the psp is more powerfull bla bla bla

but
here is why i bring up the psp a homebrew emulator is out for the psp and it runs at
1-3fps on tekken 2

sony is releasing a offical one where you goto buy the games... and from the demo it looked 30-40fps
so posible..
yah i could see it being posible.

playable? he he he
dont make me laugh.

Mehdi

Lemonade by Psyfira
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, since a single PS1 game is like 700mbs, that's pretty big. And the hardware is not nearly powerful enough to handle it (you need a decent computer just for PS1 games), so it's pretty much impossible.

If you want to play PS1 games on the go, I'd suggest getting a PSP. They're gonna release an official PS1 emulator for it, and a service to download PS1 games to your PSP wirelessly.

there is a homebrew psp ps1 emu :-)

EDIT; No Name Trowa Barton beat me to it
shy.gif

Chouonsoku

Trophies
Website
www.handholder.net
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but you need to take into concideration the huge difference between the PSPs power and the DS's. The fact that the homebrew emulator only runs PS1 games at 1-3 fps right now means you might not even get 1 fps on a DS. The DS simply doesn't have the processing power to emulate a console like the PS1.

Now, if everyone wanted to make homebrew ports of every PS1 game, be my guest. XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality