Gaming Proud Owner of Slim PSP

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got my Slim PSP. I'm not new to the PSP scene as I had a PSP months ago but I still got a few questions.

1. In order to play most homebrew, I'm going to need Dark_AleX's Time Machine right? How exactly does that work?

2. In case I do brick my PSP, I will need to make a NAND Dump of everything correct? Or is it needed for something else?

3. What are some helpful tools to get the best out of my PSP?

4. Is there anything I should worry about or be aware of?

Thanks for the help guys!

Edit: I've done this about 6 times with my friends PSPs and I think I know what I'm doing. (Then again, they had Phat PSPs) I used the Total Newb Installer for my Slim and I have a Pandora's battery.

Everything is on the memory card. I turn off my PSP and take out the battery, then I put in my Pandora's Battery. Problem is, it won't boot up like the other PSPs. It stays a black screen. I thought it was strange. I took it back out and tried to put the battery back in. Still no success. I take it out and I put in my original battery and it runs fine. Is the Pandora's Battery dead or something? Or will it just not work? I'd appreciate some help!

linkinkid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1- Not necesarily true,right now most homebrew is coded to work with psp slims,so you don't need to worry;i don't really know what the time machine does,because all the homebrew i use works perfect with my slim
wink.gif

2-Yes,you'll only need that in case you brick your slim.(and even if you don't do it,there are alternate ways)

3-Hardware:a screen protector,and the av componente cable,and maybe a nice memory stick that fills your needs.

Software:gPSP,PSPTUBE,Daedalus r14beta,Snes smc,and the popsloader......those are the ones I use, so those are the ones that i can recommend.

4-You can hardly brick your psp unless you intend to,so just be careful when installing custom themes or anything that needs to touch the flash memory of the psp.

IBNobody

I try to keep myself amused.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3. Get CWCheat (cwcheat.consoleworld.org) and Filer (look on www.psp-hacks.com).

CWCheat is the best general purpose PSP homebrew. It's not just for cheating. It can also let you view in-game FAQs (text files), take screenshots, and dynamically throttle your PSP's speed to save on battery life.

Filer lets you rearrange your games list, among other things.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Infinity-X said:
Edit: I've done this about 6 times with my friends PSPs and I think I know what I'm doing. (Then again, they had Phat PSPs) I used the Total Newb Installer for my Slim and I have a Pandora's battery.

Everything is on the memory card. I turn off my PSP and take out the battery, then I put in my Pandora's Battery. Problem is, it won't boot up like the other PSPs. It stays a black screen. I thought it was strange. I took it back out and tried to put the battery back in. Still no success. I take it out and I put in my original battery and it runs fine. Is the Pandora's Battery dead or something? Or will it just not work? I'd appreciate some help!

With the Totalnewbi installer, the menu won't show up on slims. If the memory stick and wifi lights flicker, it is working. Just wait until they stop and press square to dump NAND or X to start the process.

mikagami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
Infinity-X said:

With the Totalnewbi installer, the menu won't show up on slims. If the memory stick and wifi lights flicker, it is working. Just wait until they stop and press square to dump NAND or X to start the process.

If you replace the Despertar del Cementerio files in the Total Newbie installer with the latest ones from Dark_Alex's website, you will be able to see the menu.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I was able to fix it. Thanks alot guys.

Edit: Quick question. I have downgraded my PSP and want to make a NAND dump. Do I need to make another Magic Memory stick or can I just go ahead and do it with my current memory stick?

altorn

Trophies
Website
atlaswing.zxq.net
XP
Country
Canada
depends on the maker though, I use Catb50`s.
Which Magic Memory stick maker did you use anyway?

There may be a folder called NAND DUMP TOOLS created in the root of your PSP. So that you can dump this in Pandora mode. It did for me.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He said he used TotalNewbi earlier on.

To make a NAND dump:
Just insert your MMS again and then the battery, just as if you were installing the custom firmware the first time. Then just press square to dump and copy the nand-dump.bin from the root of the memory stick to your computer.

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shyn said:
He said he used TotalNewbi earlier on.

To make a NAND dump:
Just insert your MMS again and then the battery, just as if you were installing the custom firmware the first time. Then just press square to dump and copy the nand-dump.bin from the root of the memory stick to your computer.
Thats the kind of answer I was looking for, thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end