Hacking protecting the DS

krazeyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What is the best casing/skin for the DS? Should I buy a gelaskin or a plastic casing? Also, are Hori screen protectors the best to prevent scratching?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, i heard the silicone ones gather a lot of dust on them
and the crystal ones are pretty good. they add a lot of weight though
Hori protectors are also very nifty especially with games like EBA, and TWEWY. but most people just buy the fake ones, and cycle them more often. its cheaper that way

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a Genuine Hori SP, and it's pretty good.

I had bought a FF12 skin, along with a Crystal skin. The case broke in 3 months (The hinge part of the case broke), and the skin is still perfectly fine on my 1 year old DSL.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I've got fake Hori screen protectors and they are nearly perfect. I had to change them every 3 or 4 months though but it's only $2-3 so I can't complain.

And I use a Fashionable Jacket case (this is what it's called on the website I bought the case from!).

I bought the case to cover the scratches on my DS Lite. It's perfect but the charger doesn't fit in perfectly with the case on so it's good if you leave the DS alone while charging.

23vcd1t.jpg

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:
I've got fake Hori screen protectors and they are nearly perfect. I had to change them every 3 or 4 months though but it's only $2-3 so I can't complain.

And I use a Fashionable Jacket case (this is what it's called on the website I bought the case from!).

I bought the case to cover the scratches on my DS Lite. It's perfect but the charger doesn't fit in perfectly with the case on so it's good if you leave the DS alone while charging.

23vcd1t.jpg
lol thats cute..you even have one of them asian voodoo doll thingies

skagamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should just spring for the genuine Hori protectors. You're better off buying quality goods from the get go. Would you trust your precious DS to anything less?
yaynds.gif
You can find the Protective Filter Plus at Target for $9.99 which includes a protector for the top of your DS.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I bought the fake Hori screen protectors - well I didn't know it'd be a fake. But I'm not complaining, as long it protects my screens I'm happy.

Tinymonkeyt - I love voodoo string dolls! They are just awesome and cute! I've got 3 so far!
biggrin.gif

You should see my SP one....

b8l8v8.jpg

Okay, expecting you to think I'm crazy. XD

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilddenim said:

23vcd1t.jpg
OMG where did you buy that jacket! my gf would really like something like that. Please tell me!

krazeyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was looking at the gelaskin site, and they looked quite good/sturdy, but those Fashionable Jacket cases are pretty nice too. Has anyone else tried both a skin and case?

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ooooh, GelaSkin website is so awesome with DS Lite! *is annoyed she didn't see that before ordering the case*.

Another good website with skins - decalgirl.com

Oh well, personally I'm very happy with my case (apart from some discolour on the sides) as it does cover up the scratches and it made my DS more cuter
tongue.gif

I haven't came across a DS Lite with skins on so hoepfully someone else here have.

krazeyo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well I saw a video on youtube that tested the gelaskin, and it did pretty well. I was just wondering if the hinges of the DS that isn't covered by the gelaskin get scratched easily. Any help is appreciated
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: