Protecting the DS touch screen

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by gaboumafou, Mar 4, 2007.

Mar 4, 2007
  1. gaboumafou
    OP

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hello!

I am a big EBA/Ouendan player (I am at the last song of the last difficulty for each game). To protect my screen, I use some plastic sheet (like what is used to cover books). It work fine, but in the later difficulty's spinners, I spin so fast that my protector fall off! ^^". It's pretty anoying to replace it after each spinner and it often make me lose... :'( I'm not sure I want to put something sticky on my screen, and I don't really want to order something from the net...

How do you protect your DS screen? [​IMG]

2. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    I use a Hori screenprotector, but I heard Vinyl does the job equally good, if not better.

3. Strider

Member Strider Next to the mainstream

I always wonder what you're doing to need protection for your touchscreen. They're designed to be used!!

So, 'normal' (gaming) usage shouldn't need any protection.

I've used PocketPCs and different DS's and never had any need, and rather ridicule all that make their screen ugly with 'protectors' [​IMG]

4. gaboumafou
    OP

Member gaboumafou GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Vinyl sheet is what I'm using, and it always fall off when I do the spinners in EBA/Ouendan ^^".

Yeah, I don't think a screen protector is ESSENTIAL with most of the games, but have you played EBA/Ouendan in hard modes? ...I don't think it's really good for the screen, even if it was designed to be touched!

5. hankchill

Member hankchill I Pwn n00bs.

Canada
    \

I dunno about that, because I've played Jumpin' Jack Flash on Hard Rock mode multiple times and cleared it without doing any damage to my touch screen.

Just stop pressing hard [​IMG] It doesn't require a hard touch for the game to respond.

Regards.

6. slvrdrgn123

Member slvrdrgn123 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I use Hori screen protectors. Rather have the protector scratched than the screen.

7. kaspal

Member kaspal GBAtemp Regular

Colombia
    well, i agree that the screen was made to be touched an all, BUT if you want it to look good a lil longer, your best choice its to use a screen protector (you know, some dust can fall over your screen and when the stylus touches it, the screen can get scratched)...

for that matter, i use the HORI protectors... really cheap, and REALLY GOOD... heck, i've beaten EBA in every single mode (unlocked EVERYTHING THERE IS!), its true that you dont have to touch the screen hard for the game to respond... but in the hard modes, its kinda hard not to do so, since the speed in which you must make the secuences its pretty high, and you cant help it... now when im done playin, i just clean up the screen with a lil poach... and it feels JUST LIKE NEW!...

so, for those of you who think that a screen protector its worthless, i understand your possition, BUT DONT SHARE IT!... i'dlike to have my NDS-L just like new for as many months as i can.... its just GORGEOUS!.

8. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    You folks are too paranoid, but those screen protector makers LOVE you. I play the hell out of my Ds and I don't use anything on it. not 1 scratch on my baby.

9. fli_guy84

Member fli_guy84 GBAtemp Fan

Malaysia
    It just depends on the user, some may develop scratches and some may not.

You might want to consider Taku protector screen too. IMO they are just as good as the Hori's. Plus, the touch screen protector doesn't leave any gap.

10. jelbo

Member jelbo Ōkami!

Netherlands
    I don't believe there's no scratches whatsoever. What I think is the case that it depends on the user to notice them or not. Most scratches are rather invisible unless you look at them at a certain angle or in certain light. Even that bothers me, and I notice them pretty easily myself, just because I'm a paranoid perfectionist, really. If you can live with tiny scratches, fine, but that's a nightmare for me [​IMG] So yeah, couple of bucks to be and feel safe is what I do.

11. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    write your name on the touch screen and after doing it look at the ds screen you can see what you have wrote. So using the tocuh screen scratches your ds unless you have a screen protector.

12. dimsum411

Newcomer dimsum411 Advanced Member

United States
    the non-screen protector users sound like those guys that hate condoms. "It just doesn't feel the same..." Word of advice, use it, or lose it. Your screen, that is.

13. J_Devon

Newcomer J_Devon Member

Netherlands
    Confirmed..
    My screen is wasted because of the math game in braintraining.
    There's a huge collection of scratches in the center of my screen and the center doesn't respond as good as it should anymore because of that [​IMG]

Bottomline: always use protection! [​IMG]

14. strummer12

Member strummer12 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Seriously. If you angle your screen a certain way in the light, you'll see scratches. I have none. The screens are made to withstand stylus abuse. No need for a screen protector.