Pros and Cons of the new Nintendo Switch?

Discussion in 'Switch - Console, Accessories & Hardware' started by LukeHasAWii, Oct 20, 2016.

?
  1. Yes

72.4%
  2. No

4.1%
  3. Unsure

23.5%
  1. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

Sep 13, 2009
    United States
    Netherworld
    A vent doesn't necessarily mean a fan, but if it does, it would probably only turn on in console mode.

2. LukeHasAWii
    OP

LukeHasAWii GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 24, 2016
    United States
    Iowa
    True

3. foob

foob GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 26, 2007
    Don't know. Most of these are probably just my general concerns and unsanswered questions.
    1) battery life
    2) protective covers for such a 'configurable' portable unit will be an intersting challenge to make without driving you crazy removing and applying covers
    3) fatter than typical portable / probably heavier too
    4) anything having vents like the Switch gives me cause for concern. It's not a typical portable and needs to expel a lot of heat.
    5) the kickstand doesn't seem to angle low enough in the video shown so far. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's durable too.
    6) sweat & crud getting into the grooves of the controllers in sweaty gaming sessions sound like a problem
    7) battery in conrollers & main unit. Easily removable or not? I hope so.
    8) generally the compromises that are made when trying to be both home unit & portable unit. I think it's quite hard to pull this off without fairly significant compromises. Credit to Nintendo if they have.
    9) long-term durability of laptops that are heat monsters are low. I fear the same here.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted