Hacking Proper way to update Wii channels?

gumbyx84

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just updated my Wii to 4.1U and want to update my channels (mainly the shopping channel). I found two ways of doing it: WiiSCU and DOP-Mii/DOP-SHOP. Sadly I can't find a current release of either of them. Is it safe to use the older releases? If not, what is the best way to update them?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Modmii (check the stickies) has the possibility to download the latest channels. I'm pretty sure NUS downloader has it as well, but not 100%.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
Modmii (check the stickies) has the possibility to download the latest channels. I'm pretty sure NUS downloader has it as well, but not 100%.
As Wever says, you can use ModMii to install the latest channels for you. ModMii will be by far the easiest method.

You can use NUSD to download WADs of the new Channels and install them with any WAD manager. This latter method should be used only by those knowledgeable of the current channels and what supporting IOS are needed to be installed. If you fancy yourself such a knowledgeable person, you can always see what the latest and greatest software is available (at least as far as the default system channels and files go) by monitoring Marcan's excellent Wiimpersonator logs.

-[]D

DGenerateKane

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
I just updated my Wii to 4.1U and want to update my channels (mainly the shopping channel). I found two ways of doing it: WiiSCU and DOP-Mii/DOP-SHOP. Sadly I can't find a current release of either of them. Is it safe to use the older releases? If not, what is the best way to update them?

Seriously? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dop-mii

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DGenerateKane said:
gumbyx84 said:

Seriously? http://lmgtfy.com/?q=dop-mii
Normally I dont like lmgtfy, but you do have a point...
unsure.gif

Anyway, I usually just use dop-mii, its really easy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here