Proper way to burn Wiikey Setup disc?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by HopOnRocks, Mar 28, 2007.

Mar 28, 2007
  1. HopOnRocks
    OP

Newcomer HopOnRocks Advanced Member

Canada
    I just got a guy to install a Wiikey, but I can't seem to get anything to load up besides original games.
    I'm after trying to burn the Wiikey Setup discs on Verbatim +, Verbatim -, and an old Phillips disc at 2.4X and at 4X. I still can't even get this thing to load up.
    All my original games work fine, so I'm thinking that he is either using a clone, or he did a bad soldering job.

So I'm curious, have I been burning the Setup Disc wrong? I'm been trying with the NTSC version 1.1 on a NTSC console.

2. mustnap

Member mustnap GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i think he ripped you off. try loading Wiikey setup disc ( can be found at www.wiikey.cn website) if that does not work, send it back to him to fix it or someone else and ask your money back.

3. StacMaster-S

Member StacMaster-S GBAtemp Fan

United States
    When I first tried the setup disc I had some issues, but I think they were a result of poor burning. If the setup disc does not load at all, the odds are your chip installation is bad.

4. maxlifan

Newcomer maxlifan Advanced Member

Canada
    I think your chip is bad instal. Now a-days the clones (Atleast most the ones made in china) use the same firmware as the normal ones, so even if they are clones the older setup disc would still work, so i think he did a bad instal, but if it is a clone it may not be able to use the newer updates.