Not open for further replies.

TankTan38

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo.... this sucks. What does this mean for the community? Is this really true, or is Nintendo just trying to scare us?

Also, I find it quite interesting that this is on a game box. I wonder if it's on the system box itself.

QUOTE said:
Bricked.jpg

There was a rumor that the Nintendo 3DS might be rendered useless if you use flash cards, or basically do stuff that Nintendo doesn’t want you doing with their hardware. And now we seem to have proof, as a member of our forums pointed out that the back of Ridge Racer 3D’s box has quite a clear warning:

QUOTE said:
Important! Read the Nintendo 3DS operations manual before setup or use of your system. This product contains technical protection measures. Use of an unauthorized device or any unauthorized technical modification to your Nintendo 3DS system, will render this game and/or system unplayable.
And boom goes the dynamite.

Update:
People have pointed out that similars warnings have existed before. But neither the DS or the Wii are so focused on using features such as SpotPass, nor did Nintendo make such a big deal about anti-piracy as they have done recently. I think this warning could have a little more weight this time around. But I guess we’ll see.

http://nintendo3dsblog.com/proof-nintendo-...-want-you-to-do

Erdnaxela

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Uh-oh, it say "WILL render" not "MIGHT render". Maybe nintendo is serious this time.
The french sentence say "and will delete unauthorised content"

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TankTan38 said:
Sooo.... this sucks. What does this mean for the community?

What does this mean for the community?
Probably nothing, maybe something....no one really knows for sure.

I'll probably wait on using flash cart in my 3DS. That was my original plan and I'm sticking to it.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Meh. If the hackers wanna hack, they'll hack. There's no code programmed by mortal man that cannot be broken up and put back together. Whether or not it'll be worth the time to hack remains to be seen. But it doesn't phase me, I'm going legit with this one. Kinda feel like I owe Nintendo one after the whole Cyclo era.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a scare tactic, this has been in EVERY Nintendo game's EULA since GCN, almost word for word.

They only recently started putting them on boxes, causing this huge freakout.

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's most likely the generic warning of the type I remember reading on my GBC instruction manual, back in the days when Ninty's biggest third-party enemy was the Gameshark. It does seem a little more threatening than the way I recall the GBC warning going, using the words "will render this ... system unplayable" instead of "might"

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's just a scare tactic. I'm pretty sure they are meaning that you will make a mistake somewhere and brick it yourself.

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
haddad said:
machomuu said:
Those are just words, once I see an actual bricked 3DS then we'll talk.

u seem so confident
unsure.gif
Not really any confidence.... It's really just some words. For all anyone knows it could be a huge bluff. Overtime there will be updates and of course those who decide to put their flashcarts in their 3DS. These will be our little testers in the coming months
smile.gif

If anyone gets bricked then we know what's up and if nobody gets bricked overtime well... Great day for the Pirates.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
nebula91 said:
haddad said:
machomuu said:
Those are just words, once I see an actual bricked 3DS then we'll talk.

u seem so confident
unsure.gif
Not really any confidence.... It's really just some words. For all anyone knows it could be a huge bluff. Overtime there will be updates and of course those who decide to put their flashcarts in their 3DS. These will be our little testers in the coming months
smile.gif

If anyone gets bricked then we know what's up and if nobody gets bricked overtime well... Great day for the Pirates.

Becuase I am going to get my 3DS on launch day, and I was going to try out some flashcard's on it. But after I saw this rumor, I was a little more scared.....

Nebz

The N00b
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Wizzerzak said:
nebula91 said:
and if nobody gets bricked well... Great day for the Pirates.

not quite, 3DS mode hasn't been cracked... yet....

I never mentioned anything about 3DS mode... There is still something called DS mode working out there for the time being.

QUOTE(haddad @ Mar 22 2011, 09:03 PM)
Becuase I am going to get my 3DS on launch day, and I was going to try out some flashcard's on it. But after I saw this rumor, I was a little more scared.....
As you and and others should be... It's meant to scare you lol

I am NOT going to be using and flashcarts UNTIL it's 100% certainly safe. If anyone wants to go ahead and play their games then do so. You'll make as good examples of what happens IF something of brick nature comes along. I'd just be a bit cautious on slipping flashcarts in for the time being.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
3ds mode will never come if it bricks
the creators of the hacks would have had to test it and thus if it worked, there was no brick.
they would not say anything or anounce that the hack bricked and nothing would be released if it did brick

doodads

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's all BS imo. They aren't ready for the shitstorm that would befall them if they started bricking consoles. My guess is this will turn out like the PSP, constant firmware updates, especially with big releases to block all new hacks. Of course it's a battle they can't win but I figure that's the best they can do. We'll see though.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is hardly proof.

It's saying that if I want to install rims on my 3DS that it may make the system unplayable.

(Yes, I meant rims like car rims).

It's not saying "IF YOU USE A FLASHCART WE WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM ON PURPOSE!" There's stuff on that people will make for flashcarts or whatever that may, in the future, brick your system (not through Nintendo's doing but through their own). It's just a general warning.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
This is hardly proof.

It's saying that if I want to install rims on my 3DS that it may make the system unplayable.

(Yes, I meant rims like car rims).

It's not saying "IF YOU USE A FLASHCART WE WILL BRICK YOUR SYSTEM ON PURPOSE!" There's stuff on that people will make for flashcarts or whatever that may, in the future, brick your system (not through Nintendo's doing but through their own). It's just a general warning.
Ah, right, this isn't the action they'll take, it's a general warning of what may happen if you use third-party devices.
Way to read into things Detective Guild
closedeyes.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Xuphor said:

Next time, refrain from the forced eye fornication. It's obnoxious, and contributes nothing to the discussion. People can read your post just fine without using an optical megaphone.

Now, back on topic, Time will tell whether or not Nintendo is serious about bricking systems. My suggestion is, don't use flash carts on it until you know for sure.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Xuphor said:

Next time, refrain from the forced eye fornication. It's obnoxious, and contributes nothing to the discussion. People can read your post just fine without using an optical megaphone.

Now, back on topic, Time will tell whether or not Nintendo is serious about bricking systems. My suggestion is, don't use flash carts on it until you know for sure.

I did that so it would get attention from the people that only skim topics for big words. I'll edit it to small size again now that there's 2 pages.
EDIT: Done, and interesting metaphor
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo