promotions and helping people in need

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by snakepliskin2334, Jan 7, 2013.

1. snakepliskin2334
    OP

Member snakepliskin2334 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hello all its snakepliskin2334 i was wondering how does the promotion system work because recently when we came back from the hack trouble a while back i was unable to log on for some reason and out of kindness and a could of messages later Vulpes Abnocto
    was able to help me with the trouble i was having and because of that i would really like to give something back to temp and staff for helping me by maybe become a staff member and helping others who are in time of need now im not trying to make brownie points here or anything like that but since i have some time on my hands i figured i put it to good use by helping others who need it but dont have the right clearance so to speak. i know it takes time and good effort to rise through the ranks but i was just asking doesnt hurt to ask so again thanks to all who helped me in time of need when i was having trouble and one day i hope to return the favor ...

2. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    There are many ways to help people on this site without the need for any special "clearance". Trawl the gaming forums and help people do some troubleshooting.

snakepliskin2334 likes this.
  3. p1ngpong

Supervisor p1ngpong Legit Boss Harold

Croatia
    As wrettcaughn said there are many ways to help people out here without the need to be staff. Simply replying to a thread with an answer to a question can help someone out immensely and make their day. Being helpful in that way and being a good member overall is the best way to get on the path to becoming a staff member.

4. Weaselpipe

Member Weaselpipe Erratic Temp user

United Kingdom
    You haven't called anybody a fanboy in this thread, nor made some comment regarding Nintendo/Sony/ Microsoft games being better off on iOS, so you are helping

snakepliskin2334 and Black-Ice like this.
  5. Black-Ice

Member Black-Ice Founder of the Church of Renamon

United Kingdom
    I'd think anyone whos a breath of fresh air in this place is going in the right direction.
    Mainly people who are understandable and not E-Hitler incarnate.
    Be a nice guy. You dont need a coloured name to be a nice guy.

EZ-Megaman and Costello like this.
  6. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    You really don't need to be in power to be a good guy. Just be a good guy and be helpful. That's the best thing anyone can do for a community.

7. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    It's 2013. I don't think we say "coloured" anymore...

:P

Black-Ice likes this.
  8. Issac

Member Issac Mini-mod

Sweden
    In British English, I think they do ;)

On topic:
    And also, I think you'd need more experience (as in, been a member for a little longer while) to be considered... To see the devotion, and motivation. As well as seeing how you've treated people and acted in various situations :)

snakepliskin2334 likes this.