Prom Question

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by NeSchn, Mar 31, 2009.

Mar 31, 2009

Prom Question by NeSchn at 9:42 PM (1,284 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. NeSchn
    OP

Member NeSchn GBAPimpdaddy.

United States
    Even though Prom is still a month and a half away everyone is still all worried about it an shit. A bunch of my friends come up to me and are like "Yo Neil, you got a date yet?", My answer is always "No not yet."

Well, see I am really good friends with this one girl who I also like. I think she may also like me by the way she acts around me and such, we get along perfectly and have like the same type of personality and humor. Also Not to mention that she is really hot lol.

So anyways, I have been going over in my head about asking her to Prom (I don't understand why no one has asked her yet), but now here is where my question comes in.

Is is wrong not to pay for your dates ticket to prom? I believe so, I don't have a job which means I have no money, but I don't want to ask her to the Prom and say "Oh by the way, Uhh I have no money so unfortunately you are going to have to pay for your ticket."

So I started asking friends and my sister and such:

My sister answered "When I went to prom Ed paid for his ticket and I paid for mine."
    My friend answered "Screw that, My girlfriend is definately paying for her own ticket and I am paying for mine."

I have also gotten a few responses from other people that say you should pay for the dates ticket.

So I am utterly confused, This is time sensitive though. I need your responses on the right thing to do, I can try to beg my parents to pay for hers too and I will pay them back because they are going to be paying for mine but chances are my parents won't do that because they never buy me shit.

Anyways, I really need your guys/gals help.

2. Dragonsend

Member Dragonsend GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It would be nice if you did pay for hers. Perhaps when you are asking her explain the situation and come to a compromise. Perhaps state you'll make it up to her later. If you don't feel you can do that... Go out into your town. Hang a sign around your neck stating you need donations to take a girl to the prom and I'm sure good citizens will eventually throw you enough change to do so. I mean seriously. I'd at least throw you a dollar for that. Just be honest about why you are doing it. Unless there are pan handling laws where you live. Also you could always state your cause to people throghout your neighborhood and ask if they have some yard work etc you could do. Tell your parents the situation and ask do they have friends that might let you earn the money by working in their yard etc. How much is your prom? You got a month to do it right?

3. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    Get her a ticket. It seems gentleman-like [​IMG]

4. Swifty69

Member Swifty69 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    If you buy her a ticket, she may feel she owes you (if you catch my drift [​IMG] lol)

But on a serious note, buy her a ticket if you really like her as more than a friend, and just see how the night goes, think of it this way if you buy her ticket you know she is going to 100% be there and she will be with you most of the night because you were the one who got her into the prom and you are her date.

Then as the night goes on tell her how you feel [​IMG]

Hope it works out for you mate

5. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Haha, thanks for all the responses but this issue was solved awhile ago XD. I asked her, she accepted, and I am helping my mom pay for her (I sold 2 RuneScape accounts for $40 lol). And yeah, I catch your drift there Swifty lol. There is a high possibility that I will be getting something but thats not what I really asked her for lol.

6. Smartpal

Member Smartpal The Guitar Guy

India
    MMO accounts lol Best of luck and have fun. [​IMG]

7. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Lol thanks man! They weren't even accounts I spent time on either, my friend gave me one and I botted the shit out of another account. I sold it to a Chinese company so I have no sympathy, they make so much money anyways lol.

8. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you are not dating her I would say she would need to pay for her own tickets. When I was in high school they gave out discounts if you were going as a couple, so see if they have tickets like that, then you would be like "hey are you going to help me pay for prom tickets?"

But buying tickets are the least of your concern as that have you asked this girl yet, because if not what if someone else did? So be quick about it, because thats a mistake I did... Plus, if you don't have money for a prom ticket, how about a tux, or money for dinner?

9. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    Our school is ghetto so they don't give discounts lol. I asked her the day after I said this and she said yes. My parents are basically paying for the tickets and my tux (thats like the only thing they have ever bought me XD), I am selling shit on eBay and selling those RuneScape accounts so I can help them with the cost of the tickets and such. I hope that maybe I can pay for her ticket so my parents don't have to and only have to pay for my Tux.

10. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I heard you got some if you pay for hers! [​IMG]

I'd pay for hers. Just polite.

11. falcon64z8

Member falcon64z8 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thats good man! Well have fun and what is your guys theme?

12. Daemon.nds

Newcomer Daemon.nds Advanced Member

United States
    In the long run, who cares. I'm 27, but I went to a rave instead of going to prom. Really, prom doesn't matter one iota in the real world.

13. Acenima

Member Acenima GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Hope u 2 lovers have happy ending:)

14. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    I don't know what the theme is or even if we have a theme this year. I don't think our school has done a theme in a few years actually.

And thanks Acenima lol.

15. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    start a mosh pit on the dance floor :3

16. NeSchn
    OP

United States
    I may throw down the lawn mower, it makes her laugh lol. I did it in the middle of school one day.