Tutorial  Updated

Project Zero 2 / Fatal Frame 2 Wii: Creating an uncensored ISO (Bikini costumes).

This guide was made to help people who want to run an uncensored backup of the game through a usb loader. This without the use of a separate launcher. Kinda the same like you can create a custom ISO of Super Smash Bros Project M so you don't need to put and load separate files each time you launch the game. After this guide you will have a normal iso file, but uncensored.

We are going from this (sry for the blurry picture qlty):
FN5K6u3.png

https://imgur.com/a/a0vGZQB
To this:
a8NvAb6.jpeg

https://imgur.com/a8NvAb6

And restore a few other costumes that got replaced.

1. Download ParcheCM.zip (Proyectos Bikini y Mayu 80,7MB). The website is in Spanish, but just click the red circle thing. ( Make sure to get the right one: ParcheCM-HBC.zip is NOT needed! )
  2. Unzip ParcheCM.zip and go to the folder: ParcheCM\Trajes\Censurados (We only need the content of this folder from the zip)
  3. Download and install Wii scrubber and open a clean (or undubbed) iso version of the PAL game (NTSC doesn't exist). If Wii scrubber can't open your iso, errors pop up while opening, your iso isn't clean or badly ripped.
    PS: make sure you keep a clean backup of your iso somewhere, so you can restart if you mess up.
  4. Navigate in wii scrubber to: /data/lens2/3ddata/outgame/
    Replace (one by one) the matching files (same name) with the files in the "arcs" folder of the downloaded zip (step 2).
  5. Navigate in wii scrubber to: /data/ffx2bin/3ddata/character/
    Replace (one by one) the matching files (same name) with the files in the "models" folder of the downloaded zip (step 2).
  6. Close Wii scrubber (don't worry every file you changed got automatically saved during the replacement).
You are done. Enjoy the uncensored iso version you can run from usb loader GX (or any other iso loader).

If you want you can also apply the undub mod to this iso (if you didn't already). The undub and uncensor changes don't conflict with each other, so the order doesn't matter.

PS: If you get an error "unable to find free space" while replacing the files one by one in Wiiscrubber, just do this one time:
Select Partition => Right click => Resize (to maximum)

Also the only legal way to obtain an iso of the game is to dumb your original legit game yourself using your Wii. Search other gbatemp topics if you need help with that.

Last edited by vree,

eyeliner

Has an itch needing to be scratched.
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Pray tell me... Is the game like that originally, meaning:
In a scary game the sisters go around wearing a bikini or are they made by horny teens?
I don't think they would go around wearing Mario/Luigi costumes as well, though.

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In a scary game the sisters go around wearing a bikini or are they made by horny teens?
I don't think they would go around wearing Mario/Luigi costumes as well, though.

It's extra costumes you can unlock after finishing the game. You know like in the resident evil games. Gag outfits.

So no not during your first playthrough unless u use a savefile with everything unlocked.

Last edited by vree,

UltraDolphinRevolution

Trophies
XP
Country
China
Interesting.
Would there be a file conflict in the USB GX Loader if you had two version of this game or Smash Brawl?
As long as they region version is different, there isn´t a conflict.

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting.
Would there be a file conflict in the USB GX Loader if you had two version of this game or Smash Brawl?
As long as they region version is different, there isn´t a conflict.

The brawl mod also changes the game id, so no. With this game you can change the game Id before you transfer it with WiiBackupManager. So again no problem to set it up that way if you want.

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eye candy reward for beating the game.

Reactions: vree

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about Wii U that Nintendo removed bikini costume? is it possible to find the dlc for that Wii U before Nintendo removed that DLC?

Milyc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello. I have followed the tutorial and done everything correctly (or so it seems) but the changes didn't take effect immediately: when the game begins after the initial cutscenes, the regular costumes are seen. I suppose that is the way it is supposed to be and the bikini is available for purchase in the Night Shop after finishing the game once? Thanks!

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello. I have followed the tutorial and done everything correctly (or so it seems) but the changes didn't take effect immediately: when the game begins after the initial cutscenes, the regular costumes are seen. I suppose that is the way it is supposed to be and the bikini is available for purchase in the Night Shop after finishing the game once? Thanks!
Explained in the comments:

It's extra costumes you can unlock after finishing the game. You know like in the resident evil games. Gag outfits.

So no not during your first playthrough unless u use a savefile with everything unlocked.

Milyc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thank you. Suspected as much.

I downloaded a save file with all the costumes unlocked and successfully copied it into my Wii. It was possible to see the Summer Outfits (bikinis) in the Night Shop. I have another, non-modified Project Zero 2 iso. It also recognizes the downloaded save file but the Summer Outfits are censored and appear quite differently (they are not bikinis) in the Night Shop. So this is all proof enough the iso has been successfully modified!

However, when trying to load the save file proper with the bikinis selected (in the modified iso), the game freezes at the loading screen. If I select another costume, it will load correctly. If I load the save file using the non-modified iso, only the censored Summer Outfits will display.

So what one may understand is that the save file was obviously created in a non-modified iso and won't load the uncensored outfits in the modified iso due to data conflict. It seems that the only way is to finish the game once ignoring the downloaded save file and then unlock the costumes in the Night Shop. When I do so, I will try uploading it.

Reactions: FanNintendo

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. Suspected as much.

I downloaded a save file with all the costumes unlocked and successfully copied it into my Wii. It was possible to see the Summer Outfits (bikinis) in the Night Shop. I have another, non-modified Project Zero 2 iso. It also recognizes the downloaded save file but the Summer Outfits are censored and appear quite differently (they are not bikinis) in the Night Shop. So this is all proof enough the iso has been successfully modified!

However, when trying to load the save file proper with the bikinis selected (in the modified iso), the game freezes at the loading screen. If I select another costume, it will load correctly. If I load the save file using the non-modified iso, only the censored Summer Outfits will display.

So what one may understand is that the save file was obviously created in a non-modified iso and won't load the uncensored outfits in the modified iso due to data conflict. It seems that the only way is to finish the game once ignoring the downloaded save file and then unlock the costumes in the Night Shop. When I do so, I will try uploading it.
A random complete save file worked perfectly fine. The outfits where not name changed. You should have realised this when you did all the manual replacing and they where the exact same name.

So a complete save file should perfectly work fine if you did all the replacing correctly and reconstructed the iso correctly.

Milyc

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I did realize the names were exactly the same. I wonder what could have gone wrong?

EDIT: I have carefully reconstructed the iso again, closely following the tutorial and making sure I replaced all the corrected files in the correct order. And yet, the same thing happened again: the game freezes at the loading screen when selecting the costumes. The game also froze while browsing through the Night Shop and selecting a Yukata costume.

Prior to reconstructing the iso, I converted it from a wbfs file using Wii Backup Manager and burned it in a disc. I am using Levi-Hacks. I also have USB Loader GX installed but I am yet to use. Maybe it is possible to have a better chance to succeed using it?

Last edited by Milyc,

vree

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did realize the names were exactly the same. I wonder what could have gone wrong?

EDIT: I have carefully reconstructed the iso again, closely following the tutorial and making sure I replaced all the corrected files in the correct order. And yet, the same thing happened again: the game freezes at the loading screen when selecting the costumes. The game also froze while browsing through the Night Shop and selecting a Yukata costume.

Prior to reconstructing the iso, I converted it from a wbfs file using Wii Backup Manager and burned it in a disc. I am using Levi-Hacks. I also have USB Loader GX installed but I am yet to use. Maybe it is possible to have a better chance to succeed using it?

Yeah that is your problem right there. You are probably causing issues with converting the wbfs file and burning it to a disc...

The guide clearly states to use a 'cleanly ripped' iso file (coverting a wbfs file to iso does not fit that box) and in the end use an iso loader like for example usb loader GX...

Not starting with a wbfs file and definitely not burning it to a disc...

Last edited by vree,

fandango

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The ISO image I'm using is about 4.7 GB. After replacing the files it creates a new 4.7 GB ISO that won't fit on a FAT32 partition due to the file size limit. Is it OK to use Wii Backup Manager to split it into 2 wbfs files?

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I want to thank the OP, I didn't know the patches from those wonderful people and thanks to that I have been able to create an uncensor & undub iso to be able to play the game as it should be on my wii.

Reactions: vree

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: