Project Undubbing Fantasy Life (EUR to US conversion)

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KennyMckormick, Nov 2, 2014.

1. KennyMckormick
    OP

KennyMckormick Banned

Banned
    Oct 4, 2014
    United States
    I've successfully unpacked romfs.bin and I think that all the text files for the dialogues are located in this file _file_archive.bin

How do I unpack this?

2. Nagato

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    I saw some other people asking about tools for Fantasy Life in another thread so I stopped being lazy and finished up the code I had been working on last month. The tool isn't perfect (if I recall correctly I was having trouble figuring out how it handles subarchives, which are kinda rare it seems) but it seems to work for extracting most of the data in Fantasy Life.

https://github.com/polaris-/3ds-xfsatool/releases

Edit: Also, to use it, run
    Code:
    3ds-xfsatool.exe -i _file_archive.bin
    and it'll write all of the data to a folder named "_file_archive".

octopus likes this.
  3. KennyMckormick
    OP

KennyMckormick Banned

Banned
    Oct 4, 2014
    United States
    How can we repack it then?

4. Nagato

Nagato GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 15, 2011
    United States
    I don't know, that's up for you to figure out. I'm just offering what I had already made. The source code is available if anyone wants to write something to repack it. I just don't have the time to write a repacker or a hacked 3DS in order to make sure it would work, though.

5. andibad

andibad Soon™

Sep 14, 2009
    Indonesia
    hospital
    0x0200000010 - mainly for main story event, some for shop and other text, pure for text format // if you want change text dialog, just see this part
    0x1380031D00 - mainly for ow name, some dialog text like quest, other thing, mixed with other data

all of them used ucs-1 or utf-16 for text encoding.

if you want change monster name to us ver just look up on file #4 and #8, #4 for us version and #8 for eu version.

0 Japan //sometimes is not include
    1 Spanish
    2 Italy
    3 German
    4 English us
    5 Spanish
    6 France
    7 Italy
    8 English eu