• Views 2,076,071
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Techman98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the project going? When do you think at least a part of the game will be released? I hope all of you guys are doing well and aren't thinking about giving up on the project. I certainly am desperate to play this game!!

dtlux1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How is the project going? When do you think at least a part of the game will be released? I hope all of you guys are doing well and aren't thinking about giving up on the project. I certainly am desperate to play this game!!
They aren't giving any release dates because it just gets hopes up if they can't meet the deadlines. They will release it as soon as Case 1 is done though, and then release each case episodically.

Reactions: Techman98

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I assume it'll be like any other HANS patch. You get a physical copy of the game, download some files to put on the SD, run HANS, and play the game.
Thanks for clarifiying. :)
Man can't wait, hope they do the second game next too. I don't think I'll be playing it episodically though, I'd wait till it's all over.
I'm not getting my hopes up in the mean time.

Reactions: Jiehfeng

Techman98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They aren't giving any release dates because it just gets hopes up if they can't meet the deadlines. They will release it as soon as Case 1 is done though, and then release each case episodically.

I thought that they had "up to and including case 5" finished last May? Also, and I'm sure that this question has been already answered somewhere in this thread, To play the game in English, what would I have to do exactly? Will it be on the PC, or will it be playable on the 3DS as well?

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought that they had "up to and including case 5" finished last May? Also, and I'm sure that this question has been already answered somewhere in this thread, To play the game in English, what would I have to do exactly? Will it be on the PC, or will it be playable on the 3DS as well?
I just assumed that they meant that as in they have stuff like the dialogue translated but they had yet to actually get to changing the in game text and what not.
Also from what I've gathered, they want you to get an actual copy of the game to be able to play their fan translation since they don't condone piracy, I think one of them said they're hoping to be able to support Hans by the time they start to release it but CFW would be recommended for getting the best possible experience.

Last edited by TurnaboutLover,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm still curious, if I play with Luma rather than HANS, will I still be able to play off the actual game cartridge, or will I have to dump the game and then install a patched CIA?
There will be detailed instructions in the release notes.

We're still working on it - there has been a slump due to the Zelda/Switch release, but we're picking up the pace again.

Man can't wait, hope they do the second game next too. I don't think I'll be playing it episodically though, I'd wait till it's all over.
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure at least some of us will. After we're done with DGS.

They were referring to the raw translations we used as a basis for our translation. This raw translation has since finished, but it's lacking a lot of text (wrong answers, profiles, evidence, investigations, ...) and it's also passing through our QC where it's being improved/rewritten extensively. You will need a 3DS (preferably with Luma), since DGS does not run well in Citra nor do we intend to support that.

What happened to xz11?
I just talked to him - he seemed fine to me. Why, what have you heard?

I just assumed that they meant that as in they have stuff like the dialogue translated but they've yet to actually get to changing the in game text and what not.
Also from what I've gathered, they want you to get an actual copy of the game to be able to play their fan translation since they don't condone piracy, I think one of them said they're hoping to be able to support Hans by the time they start to release it but CFW would be recommended for getting the best possible experience.
Yes, mostly correct. Also see my answer to Techman98. Additionaly, there's other things besides text insertion and translation required for a quality patch - DGS was not made with latin script in mind.

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I assume it'll be like any other HANS patch. You get a physical copy of the game, download some files to put on the SD, run HANS, and play the game.
If this is the method, do you think there will be a tutorial on how to apply the patch? I'm new to hacking and i'm going to buy a copy of DGS just for this patch. Also if the patch is used with HANS, will it run as smoothly as a regular game without the use of HANS?

Last edited by darklord1013,

Techman98

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is the method, do you think there will be a tutorial on how to apply the patch? I'm new to hacking and i'm going to buy a copy of DGS just for this patch. Also if the patch is used with HANS, will it run as smoothly as a regular game without the use of HANS?
Yes, I am new to this completely as well, I would love to learn the correct way how to do this.

Reactions: darklord1013

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, I am new to this completely as well, I would love to learn the correct way how to do this.

Again:
There will be detailed instructions in the release notes.

If your SD card is not complete trash, the game should run smoothly. But HANS is only a last resort if you're on 11.3 - if not, we highly recommend you set up a CFW: https://3ds.guide/

This is not a CFW support thread however. If you have issues setting up your CFW you can ask in other threads on GBAtemp or on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord: https://discord.gg/C29hYvh

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just something that's been on my mind for a while.
Is the Closing Argument a scripted event or does it happen on an occasion like if you screw up too many times?

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Based on the translated walkthrough on youtube, i believe the closing argument is scripted.
I was personally hoping it'd be the latter for whatever reason but it's nothing I'll lose sleep over.
I also recall my friend asking why it's called a closing argument if there's a chance of the trial continuing afterwards.

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was personally hoping it'd be the latter for whatever reason but it's nothing I'll lose sleep over.
I also recall my friend asking why it's called a closing argument if there's a chance of the trial continuing afterwards.
I think they called it the closing argument because its the final argument the attorney makes to persuade the jurists before their verdict is finalized, since the trial is supposedly going to end.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Is the translation going well? I was just wondering because its nearly been a year since this thread started.

Last edited by darklord1013,

mscoopo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't speak for everyone, but I'm sure at least some of us will. After we're done with DGS.

Now why would you say this in regards to DGS2? This may just be me but it seems like you have everything you need for it and it will be easier now that you did this. So I'm just curious if this is a direct no or a maybe. Do you mind clarifying @Uwabami ?

Last edited by mscoopo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0