• Views 2,075,743
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So once this is completed it will work on any 3DS and you'd just need an actual copy of the game?

Also, I've read that some people are apparently annoyed that you're not doing stuff like changing the names of the Japanese characters or changing the location like the whole "Japanifornia" thing the series is known for but I like that you're doing it that way.

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So once this is completed it will work on any 3DS and you'd just need an actual copy of the game?

Also, I've read that some people are apparently annoyed that you're not doing stuff like changing the names of the Japanese characters or changing the location like the whole "Japanifornia" thing the series is known for but I like that you're doing it that way.
Yeah, you'll need a legitimate copy of the physical game, unless you have a legit JPN eshop copy AFAIK.

Don't quote me on this though

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, you'll need a legitimate copy of the physical game, unless you have a legit JPN eshop copy AFAIK.

Don't quote me on this though

All I've heard is getting a physical copy. Haven't seen a word about the eShop copy.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yeah, we haven't had many of those people since we released the Demo. It's a spin-off like Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright.

I think I'd prefer to do the former anyway since it seems like I'd need to get a Japanese 3DS to do the latter.
Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
That's correct. I'm not sure we'll support the eShop copy right away, since there aren't that many people with a Japanese 3DS who can't read Japanese.

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've heard people try to suggest things like saying Ryuunosuke changed his own name to Wright later in his life, calling him something like "Phoenicious Wright" and having the Japanese characters have different names but still have them be Japanese like "Suzaku Raito".
In the case of this game though I want to still call the characters by their Japanese names for reasons like, from what I've seen and heard, it's pretty clear you start off in Japan and then head to England so bringing California into it'd just be unnecessary anyway.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've heard people try to suggest things like saying Ryuunosuke changed his own name to Wright later in his life, calling him something like "Phoenicious Wright" and having the Japanese characters have different names but still have them be Japanese like "Suzaku Raito".
In the case of this game though I want to still call the characters by their Japanese names for reasons like, from what I've seen and heard, it's pretty clear you start off in Japan and then head to England so bringing California into it'd just be unnecessary anyway.
That would mean we'd have to rewrite essential parts of the story, while we don't know what they will do in the sequel(s). We've heard all the suggestions (notice how long this thread is?) and we made our decision. We will not change the story, names and places in any way. We do change some puns and jokes when we feel like they'd be lost on the player, though - but only if the change isn't too big. We do have some translation notes as well to accompany each Episode.

DGS is a spin-off and ties to the main series are only implied (in the case of Naruhodou and Auchi quite heavily).

You can try our Demo to see how we'll be doing things if you haven't checked it out yet: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/
We made some good progress and hopefully there will be good news soon. No promises.

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I think I'm going to wait until it would require a normal copy of the game, would that be when episode 1 is done and released or later on?
I say that because for some reason my computer keeps saying the Write Protection on my SD card is on and I also have no idea how I'd go about getting the original demo.

Though I did watch some of it on Youtube I think and I liked what I saw.

telborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We made some good progress and hopefully there will be good news soon. No promises.

That's good to hear. Once all of episode 1's issues are resolved, will the rest of the game have specific problems that need to be addressed? How severe are they in comparison?

Last edited by telborn,

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just to be clear, will I only be able to play this on a certain 3DS model like the new 3DS?
I'm just wondering because I still use the one I got in 2013 I think.

Last edited by TurnaboutLover,

Wuigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to be clear, will only be able to play this on a certain 3DS model like the new 3DS?
First of all this game isn't a New 3DS exclusive game so of course it will work on any 3DS that is hackable.
They promised that it will be able to be used on a 3DS that is at least hacked on a userland level to be able to use HANS to redirect game file reads on the fly.
The problem with this is, that they don't want you to use a pirated copy that simply includes the localized parts so you will be forced to dump the game and additionally the Dual Destinies Demo for the English font yourself.
But as long as braindump still works and the imperfect dump made with it also can be used as it also works just on a userland level of access you should be just fine.
Soundhax is currently a free way to gain userland access on 11.3 so unless Nintendo releases an update in the near future you know what to do when it releases I guess.

Last edited by Wuigi,

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just to be clear, will I only be able to play this on a certain 3DS model like the new 3DS?
Like Wuigi said, DGS works on all 3DS models. You'll get the best experience running it with a CFW like Luma3DS, though. Follow this guide to do that if you're still on 11.2 or lower, you can get help with this in this forum (but please not in this thread):
https://3ds.guide/

First of all this game isn't a New 3DS exclusive game so of course it will work on any 3DS that is hackable.
They promised that it will be able to be used on a 3DS that is at least hacked on a userland level to be able to use HANS to redirect game file reads on the fly.
The problem with this is, that they don't want you to use a pirated copy that simply includes the localized parts so you will be forced to dump the game and additionally the Dual Destinies Demo for the English font yourself.
But as long as braindump still works and the imperfect dump made with it also can be used as it also works just on a userland level of access you should be just fine.
Soundhax is currently a free way to gain userland access on 11.3 so unless Nintendo releases an update in the near future you know what to do when it releases I guess.
Yes, HANS is a last resort if your 3DS is on an unhackable firmware. We're trying to streamline the process, so what you're describing isn't completly accurate...

Mavsynchroid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you add whatever updates you've made to the front page of this thread? When people take a peek at it, it seems as though you haven't said anything since October, unless I'm reading it wrong. While a lot of people take the time to read through later posts on the thread, it might make sense to update your front page on this thread.

TurnaboutLover

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CAPCOM hates us. Also some Sherlock Holmes things have copyright in United States and I heard that the game is racist in some aspects and CAPCOM EEUU didn't like that...
What I read was that the game apparently makes some references to a number of the 10 Sherlock Holmes stories still copyrighted by the Conan Doyle Estate in the US. Of all the possible reasons I've heard this one sounds the most likely to me.
Capcom said they want to bring the game to the West but they've yet to explain why they can't beyond "Certain circumstances are kind of getting in the way."

dtlux1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still curious, if I play with Luma rather than HANS, will I still be able to play off the actual game cartridge, or will I have to dump the game and then install a patched CIA?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: