OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
frontonly.jpg

FAQ

Will it be like AAI2's fan localization?
Not quite. We will change puns and jokes so that they make sense in English, and there are only a few ancestors of familiar characters which will not be changed for the sake of keeping the original story intact. Continuing the "Americanizing" that Capcom have done for the rest of the Ace Attorney games is fairly impossible for this game. Also: many names in this game are references, like characters in Sherlock Holmes novels, changing them would mean losing those.

To be clear: none of the main series characters you know and love appear in this game. None. The game wouldn't be any different if it wouldn't have been released under the Ace Attorney brand. It's a spin-off.

Will there be an English dub? / Do you need voice actors?
Not right away. We are considering to make an optional (as in: you can chose if you want it or not) English dub, but at a later date. No need to ask if we need voice actors, though. Members have first dibs and if we need VAs from outside, we will announce it in advance.

Will the game work with an Emulator like Citra?
Apparently it does, but not very well and we don't support this use-case - you're on your own. If you own neither a 3DS nor an Android device, we recommend emulating Android on your PC instead, as this leads to much better results. Legal, too.

Can I help?
We're not actively recruiting at this time. We probably will do that after our first release. If you do have previous experience working on a project like this or have a member vouching for you, we might still consider you - it doesn't hurt to apply. You should be aware, however, that we will NOT take any testers. We're also good on graphic editors.

PM @Uwabami if you're interested. You will need a Discord account and your abilities will be tested.

What is the progress so far?
We're done! Episode 1-5 are released:
GBAtemp thread
Our website

When will it be released?
Short answer: When it's done. We do have work/school to attend as well as family and other obligations. This is a hobby. There is a lot to be done to deliver a presentable release, we're working on it.
Update: we've released DGS1 Episode 4

How will it be released?
We are expecting to have an episodic release pattern. The patch will require an original DGS Game Card and preferably CFW (we recommend Luma3DS via B9S).

This is not the right thread to ask how to install CFW. There's plenty of help on GBAtemp but it mostly boils down to this: https://3ds.guide/

Read it thoroughly before you start and do not experiment if something doesn't work as expected. Ask on GBAtemp or the Nintendo Homebrew Discord for help.

Where can I buy Dai Gyakuten Saiban?
Without giving a direct link, you can easily find sites like play-asia.com, ebay or probably amazon.co.jp and search for "dai gyakuten saiban" or "大逆転裁判". DGS1 is currently going for ~$40 / ~€35 (+shipping).

DO NOT ASK/TALK ABOUT PIRACY OR PIRACY-RELATED TOOLS OR SITES IN THIS THREAD!

12/25/2019 -
Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2 / The Great Ace Attorney 2 Episode 1+2 have been released: https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-great-ace-attorney-2-episode-1-2-english-patch-released.554931/

03/30/2019 -
Dai Gyakuten Saiban / The Great Ace Attorney is now completely translated: https://scarletstudy.gq/2019/03/30/3ds-only-full-game-release-android-slightly-delayed/

09/22/2018 -
Episode 1-4 released for 3DS and Android: https://scarletstudy.gq/2018/09/22/the-adventure-of-the-runaway-room/

07/12/2018 -
A status update/recruitment call has been posted on our website: https://scarletstudy.gq/2018/07/12/were-still-alive/

12/31/2017 -
Episode 2 has been released:
GBAtemp thread
Our website

08/03/2017 -
We've released Episode 1:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-the-great-ace-attorney-episode-1-english-patch.479545/

12/31/2016
-

78jdfk7.png

We released a demo:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...the-adventure-of-ryuunosuke-naruhodou.455185/

10/13/2016 -

Look, a video!

Happy Anniversary, Ace Attorney!

Here are some screenshots. We fixed up that font.

Y2C5EdJ.png

vPi9ira.png

6DZqgeI.png

lkl5yNs.png

NVbQv9h.png

W0jXY33.png

qWSqbNE.png

Soon...?

9/17/2016 -
Hey guys. Been a long time, hasn't it? Have a save screen.
Zyqoztn.png

We're pretty hype about the DGS2 announcement earlier today! But first, we got this game to do. The beginning is always the hardest. Once we get the hang of things, all will move smoothly. However, recently we've lost a few members to their personal lives over the summer. We are going to open recruitment later this month, so we have as much hard-working members as before. Stay tuned!

6/23/2016 -
Sorry we've been quiet for a bit. We got Dual Destinies font working in-game! Looks great.
ipynblO.png

6/5/16 -
We have decided it is time to close the gate for editors/proofreaders.

We will no longer be accepting applications for this role, but we are still accepting translators and other roles as well.

5/22/16 -
For those pessimistic types who have posted in this thread who do not have much hope for us, here's some proof that we are indeed hard at work.

cWBvmQg.png

5/21/16 - Started open recruitment process. Will continue to keep everyone updated!

Thank you!

Last edited by Uwabami,

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Really hoping this will eventually come to life. Thank you all for the effort you are putting into it!

Reactions: Azel

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Call me Negative Nancy, but this is exactly what happened to FE: If's translation. The team claimed they were doing something, only to flop and flounder around for months without doing anything, and then finally sputtering out (not before claiming they got a new team, that is). Heck, this is the same "team" if I'm not mistaken.

If anything, go get your money pooled up, and go get a real translator like Rattanman or RogueTranslations. Both of them plowed through games that had much more text/complexity than FE: If or this, and they did it with a one man team.

The reason I'm being negative is because I personally helped with FE: If's translation (under a different name, obviously), and everyone was overly lazy or supposedly busy. This is of course assuming it's the same people as before.

SoyAlexPop

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Call me Negative Nancy, but this is exactly what happened to FE: If's translation. The team claimed they were doing something, only to flop and flounder around for months without doing anything, and then finally sputtering out (not before claiming they got a new team, that is). Heck, this is the same "team" if I'm not mistaken.

But wasn't the translation eventually released? IDK man, I'm part of the team and I love to work with them but at the end of the day no one in the team is making coin out of it, we do it because we are fans of the game, IRL stuff will get in the way and we can't do anything about it that's how it is. Also we are kinda like a separate team from Team if, some of us were part of the old GAA translation team and then some members from Team If jump on the project so it was better to be part of the bigger team.

If anything, go get your money pooled up, and go get a real translator like Rattanman or RogueTranslations. Both of them plowed through games that had much more text/complexity than FE: If or this, and they did it with a one man team.

The translation like the FAQ says is almost done, K-sha and co. are great translators and they are doing it for free. Again we are not getting money from this so we can't get pay a "real translator".

The reason I'm being negative is because I personally helped with FE: If's translation (under a different name, obviously), and everyone was overly lazy or supposedly busy. This is of course assuming it's the same people as before.

I feel bad that your personal experience with the team wasn't the best but again the translation was eventually released.

Last edited by SoyAlexPop,

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But wasn't the translation eventually released? IDK man, I'm part of the team and I love to work with them but at the end of the day no one in the team is making coin out of it, we do it because we are fans of the game, IRL stuff will get in the way and we can't do anything about it that's how it is. Also we are kinda like a separate team from Team if, some of us were part of the old GAA translation team and then some members from Team If jump on the project so it was better to be part of the bigger team.

I feel bad that your personal experience with the team was bad but again the translation was eventually released.

It never was "released" as originally promised. As it is, the 3 main routes were translated, but they were riddled with errors, mistranslations, typos, and so on (thus the infamous "(lol" was born). Everything else (supports, my castle, etc) was left untranslated (that's where the bulk of the text is). The team flopped around for a couple of months, only to fizzle out with some members throwing a temper tantrum on the forums, followed by the creation of a "second team" that supposedly claimed to be finishing the job. So far, said second team hasn't accomplished anything.

Like you said, a bunch of you are part of the old GAA team, so I can't speak about those folk. You're correct in stating that people can have real life being busy, but that doesn't excuse the fact of how I would put in ~20 hours of work per week, only to see everyone else on the team didn't contribute squat. I quit some time back as a result, although I've made considerable progress on my own in regards to finishing the missing content. I'll probably release it eventually once it's done.

Either way, best of luck to you. I personally don't have high hopes for anything with the name "Team If" on it though, due to their poor track record. If anything, I'd recommend distancing yourselves from them.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will very be happy if this gets completed. It's a shame that the only interesting attorney games never make it overseas.

Last edited by mutinize,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I can't wait for this to be released. I've been silently hoping that it would be officially localized but it seems unlikely that will happen at this point.
I will very be happy if this gets completed. It's a shame that the only interesting attorney games never make it overseas.
I thought PLvsPW was pretty interesting. It's not a pure ace attorney game but does seem to have some of the same gameplay elements that are new in Dai Gyakuten Saiban and the story was very interesting.

mutinize

dazed and confused
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought PLvsPW was pretty interesting. It's not a pure ace attorney game but does seem to have some of the same gameplay elements that are new in Dai Gyakuten Saiban and the story was very interesting.
I'm actually playing that now and it's pretty fun.

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I helped with the JUS translation back in the day, let me know when you have a rough script ready and I can do some English/American localization work.

xz11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5/22/16 - Wow! Lots of people applying. I think I can speak for the whole team when I say, we are honestly floored. We did a lot of processing today and lots of editing happened. We even got a new graphics person on board. For those who sent an email after about 2pm EST today, we are sorry but busy things happened. You will be processed tomorrow in the later afternoon, do not worry!

Although, if you have not sent an email in yet and you want to help us, please do so! We are filling up rather fast and we are going to be rather picky in the future. Don't miss your chance!

Also, for those pessimistic types who have posted in this thread who do not have much hope for us, here's some proof that we are indeed hard at work.

cWBvmQg.png

Thanks everyone for the enthusiasm and hard work so far!

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Could you roughly say how much of the whole text in the game was already be translated through the gameplays?
It would give me... hmm, how to put it... a sense of progress, maybe?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉