[Project] The Great Ace Attorney (Dai Gyakuten Saiban) Fan Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by xz11, May 22, 2016.

1. dotelias

dotelias Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2018
    Chile
    Thank you for the release!
    Does it matter if I haven't played all the games prior to this one? I have only finished the first trilogy so far.

Uwabami likes this.
  2. Uwabami

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    DGS is a spin-off. There are very few references to the main series and they're all to the original trilogy.

3. DarthVitrial

DarthVitrial Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2014
    United States
    Thank you so much for this! That ending of Case 5 was incredible, can't wait to see what DGS 2 is like! :D

Uwabami likes this.
  4. Damin72

Damin72 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 17, 2015
    Russia
    Umm... Only i can't proceed in dialogue with Gina at Pawnshop? I have only one option in dialogue menu and can present only armband.

5. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel the cosmos

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Yay! Thank you all! Great job :-)

Uwabami likes this.
  6. MaitreConcombre

MaitreConcombre Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 2, 2019
    Canada
    Hello. I just created an account today just to say thanks to all the team that worked on this! I followed this project since the beggining in silence (I remember when this thread had like 4 pages). All thoses years I was going on this thread once a week to see how the project was going. I've wanted to wait for the full release of the first game before trying the translation patch and I'm glad this day as finally come. I'm going to go buy Dai Gyakuten Saiban now. :)

Uwabami likes this.
  7. Peardude89

Peardude89 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    Thanks for making this! The game is not only amazing, your translation not only fantastic, but it is the thing that got me into 3DS hacking. I know that I might sound a little silly, but its meant a lot to me. I finally could do something and feel accomplished! So thanks Scarlet Study, for all your hard work over the years! You've done fantastically and you've helped make my life better, in so many ways. It's hard to express my gratitude, especially since I don't want to make this to long, so I just want you to know that your work had effects that reached far beyond the translation itself.

Uwabami likes this.
  8. darklord1013

darklord1013 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    Thank you so much for translating this game for us western Ace Attorney fans! I've been following Scarlet Study's progress since the demo was released and I have always been impressed by the amount of time and effort you guys have put into this patch. And now at the end of the first game, I can say that whole game was enjoyable ans was amazing to play thanks to you guys! Thank you guys again, and I look forward to your guys' continued work in Dai Gyakuten Saiban 2!

I was wondering, will the Demo for DGS 2 be patched in the same way as the patched demo for the first DGS?

Last edited by darklord1013, Apr 4, 2019
  9. Instandhaltung

Instandhaltung I feel the cosmos

Aug 4, 2016
    Germany
    Hey Everyone, thanks again for this great translation. I don't want to put more work on your shoulders, since the complete patch is already a great accomplishment, but i read about some small cases being part of the "Randst Magazine" DLC. Are there plans to translate the DLC as well?

10. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
  11. shukiri

shukiri Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    United States
    This is my first ever post, so forgive me if this isn't correct, or in the wrong spot... but I couldn't figure out where to go with my issue. I bought the game for android, downloaded and had irismobile patch, but now when I open it, I get some sort of Licensing error. You can see the issue in the attached screenshots. I even removed the patch and went back to the original and now I get a similar error message in the original app. Before patching, I did run the Japanese version of the app to make sure it worked on my phone and was able to play. But now I am stuck. I have tried logging into both of my google accounts, both in the play store and the main google account in my phone settings, but maybe there's somewhere I'm just not logged into the right account? How do I check which account owns the app? Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

12. ClassyDoctor

ClassyDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Australia
    Thanks for the late birthday present. You've all clearly worked very hard and I think that's even more clear with the release of the demo of DGS2, something I wasn't expecting to happen this soon. I'll be excited to play this in the holidays after getting my phone fixed, and I know it's getting kind of cliched, but I am honestly very grateful.

Uwabami and DarkDengar like this.
  13. D4X

D4X Ultra 64

Sep 9, 2016
    Australia
    Thanks so much for this! This would have been an immense amount of work. I've a friend who isn't a member here who is going to be over the moon when they hear the translation is finally out!

Uwabami likes this.
  14. ClassyDoctor

ClassyDoctor Member

Newcomer
    Oct 21, 2018
    Australia
    I also have to ask, while it may sound stupid, will you be making a new gbatemp thread for DGS2 or continue with this one or will you stop using this website and have all the announcements on your website?

15. quocwashere

quocwashere Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    United States
    i don't know if it's just me but the IrisMobile App keeps crashing every time I try to use it to patch the game for Episode 5. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm using the NoxPlayer Emulator and I was able to use the last patch for Eps 1-4 and it was successful. But this one patch in particular doesn't work.

I also tried the patch on bluestacks and it crashed there too.

Last edited by quocwashere, Apr 5, 2019
  16. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    You got the automatic refund we mention on our website. Just buy the game again - as your money was refunded, you don't lose anything. This only happens once.

We've had the website for a while. We like to annouce the news on as many platforms as we can to let people know and we get quite a bit of traffic from GBAtemp.

Hm, can you extract a tombstone of the crash for me? If you can, join the Fan Translators Int. Discord where we hang out (link is on the Contact page on our website) so we can fix this.

17. Ahmed-021

Ahmed-021 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 11, 2017
    Saudi Arabia
    Might be a bit rude to say it but the game actually works on Citra so can you please not lie?(you may not be lying but if you do can you please not?)

I tried the game on Citra, both patched and unpatched and I got the same results, though my PC is s!*t so I can't play it.

Also just saying but Emulation isn't actually piracy but downloading ROMs is

18. shukiri

shukiri Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    United States
    That solved the problem! Thank you so much for translating this! I've been wanting to play for so long :D

Uwabami likes this.
  19. Uwabami

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    The FAQ is outdated, but accusing me of lying because of that is rude. In any case, while it does seem to work in Citra now, we do not support it. You're on your own there. If you own neither a 3DS nor an Android device, emulating Android is much better than emulating the 3DS. I recommend doing that instead.

20. quocwashere

quocwashere Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2019
    United States
    I saw that a person also had the same issue on the github issue tracker. I commented on that thread with the same issue I said as well as posted the bug report that I copied when IrisMobile crashed. It seems there's a problem with downloading the Video OBB patch? Seems to consistently crash during that part of the process.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted