• Views 2,076,226
  • Replies 1,683
  • Likes 90

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, now that I actually look at both DD and DGS side by side, I can see that the "hidden" font in DD does look sharper and cleaner than vanilla DD but still less good than SoJ. I can imagine with the amount of text you already have implemented in english that changing it now would be a chore though. What's in the demo works and looks a tad better than DD so I guess that's fine.

What about the evidence text font then? It looks really bulky and in the demo there's one piece of evidence where the far right text overlaps the UI.
bot_0019.png

I guess you mean this? This font was also included in DGS, it was at one time our dialogue font (the one I didn't have a screenshot for). I know it looks bulky, but it allows us to fit a lot more text in than with the other font.

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I found out that a demo for The Great Ace Attorney 2 is on eshop so would that mean that team if is interested in translating that like the 1st demo?

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
On that note, I'm surprised the OP doesn't have any links to where to import the game.
If I do that, people accuse us of cashing in on affiliate money. Without giving a direct link, you can easily find sites like play-asia.com, ebay or probably amazon.co.jp and search for "dai gyakuten saiban" or "大逆転裁判".

DGS1 is currently going for ~$40 / ~€35 (+shipping)

darklord1013

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, lets say you have 2 3ds's. One with CFW and one without with HANS. Is it possible to play the patch on both ds's using both methods (HANS and CFW) and the same Gamecard?

Nekomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just a question, lets say you have 2 3ds's. One with CFW and one without with HANS. Is it possible to play the patch on both ds's using both methods (HANS and CFW) and the same Gamecard?
From my understanding of the subject yes. Hans would receive a romhack on the spot whenever running the original cartridge. CFW would rip the cia via Decrypt9 or GodMode9 and inject the translation for good. Please correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, great Thx to Uwabami and the rest of the team for all of your hard work 4 the community!

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From my understanding of the subject yes. Hans would receive a romhack on the spot whenever running the original cartridge. CFW would rip the cia via Decrypt9 or GodMode9 and inject the translation for good. Please correct me if I am wrong.

By the way, great Thx to Uwabami and the rest of the team for all of your hard work 4 the community!
You are wrong ;) You'll see when we release...

sh1ku

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You are wrong ;) You'll see when we release...
Let me guess. LayeredFS. So HANS and CFW would use the “same” method. It would make more sense, tbh.

Been wanting to create an account here many times, I felt like I had to thank you all for putting your efforts in this project, but I never did it, in the end. So, now that I finally got to it, thank you for your work, it surely means so much for a lot of people.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Let me guess. LayeredFS. So HANS and CFW would use the “same” method. It would make more sense, tbh.

Been wanting to create an account here many times, I felt like I had to thank you all for putting your efforts in this project, but I never did it, in the end. So, now that I finally got to it, thank you for your work, it surely means so much for a lot of people.
Nope, it will be a very clean method, not at all as messy as LayeredFS. Don't get me wrong, LayeredFS is awesome for testing and we're using it internally - but for the release, it would be a nightmare to support. That being said, since NTRBootHax should be released soon, I'm not sure if there's still that much demand for HANS..?

Reactions: sh1ku

linkenski

Trophies
XP
Country
Nope, it will be a very clean method, not at all as messy as LayeredFS. Don't get me wrong, LayeredFS is awesome for testing and we're using it internally - but for the release, it would be a nightmare to support. That being said, since NTRBootHax should be released soon, I'm not sure if there's still that much demand for HANS..?
Only in that it allows non-CFW play which I'm sure the Ace Attorney community wants to see. Anything that doesn't necessitate CFW is good I think. I've spoken to some fans on the other boards and a lot of them, much like AAI2 seem to pull out as soon as you mention that they might need a jailbreak'd 3DS.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only in that it allows non-CFW play which I'm sure the Ace Attorney community wants to see. Anything that doesn't necessitate CFW is good I think. I've spoken to some fans on the other boards and a lot of them, much like AAI2 seem to pull out as soon as you mention that they might need a jailbreak'd 3DS.
hm, but there's only Homebrew for N3DS on current firmware right now... People with an O3DS will have to install CFW as soon as NTRBootHax releases to use it...

Ev1l0rd

(⌐◥▶◀◤) girl - noirscape
Trophies
Website
catgirlsin.space
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nowadays, most people when talking about LayeredFS are referring to Lumas implementation of LayeredFS, not NTR CFWs. Lumas implementation is much cleaner in terms of setting up (all you have to do is put the files in the correct folder and enable a config option in Luma3ds' config menu) and it will auto-patch when starting the title (you dont even need NTR CFW installed). Not sure if you were referring to NTR CFWs variant of LayeredFS or Luma, but any issues I had were with NTR CFWs implementation.

HANS is basically dead as far as I am aware. Nobody really uses it anymore nowadays (except for those without b9s or a9lh). Which is a good thing, since it was a pain in the butt to get working (first braindump, then recompile the romfs which could be a bit buggy).

Also, last I checked, you could access the HBL with hax like supermysterychunkhax, doodlebomb and the like + the 11.2 payload for the o3ds on the o3ds.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Nowadays, most people when talking about LayeredFS are referring to Lumas implementation of LayeredFS, not NTR CFWs. Lumas implementation is much cleaner in terms of setting up (all you have to do is put the files in the correct folder and enable a config option in Luma3ds' config menu) and it will auto-patch when starting the title (you dont even need NTR CFW installed). Not sure if you were referring to NTR CFWs variant of LayeredFS or Luma, but any issues I had were with NTR CFWs implementation.

HANS is basically dead as far as I am aware. Nobody really uses it anymore nowadays (except for those without b9s or a9lh). Which is a good thing, since it was a pain in the butt to get working (first braindump, then recompile the romfs which could be a bit buggy).

Also, last I checked, you could access the HBL with hax like supermysterychunkhax, doodlebomb and the like + the 11.2 payload for the o3ds on the o3ds.
I was referring to the Luma implementation. It's awesome, but I still think it's too complicated for many end-users, since I've had to walk many members through the steps of setting it up. It also suffers from slow-downs, which is not the fault of Luma, but an inherent problem of FAT32.

I don't have a 3DS without B9S anymore, so I guess I'll have to look into this whole HANS business. Maybe I'll make a poll to determine demand for it...

Reactions: Ev1l0rd

sh1ku

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

You’ve lost me, then. Maybe a CIA installed as if it was an update for the game? I’m curious hahahaha. Anyway, I’d like to take my position on some of your questions.

HANS still works, afaik, but with obvious drawbacks. I’m not sure, but I’d say o3DS still doesn’t have payloads for the latest version. AFAIK. n3DS works just fine with older payloads. It has been a long while since I used HANS, so I don’t know about compatibility issues, but the FAT32 limitations you’re talking about still applies with this method, obviously.

For the situation about being no reason for not having CFW, and why would people still use HANS when NTRBootHax releases… Well, I’m with you in this one, but I do know about lots of people that doesn’t want to “pirate” their hardware (they don’t even say “hack”, or “modify”). Some people is really paranoid about this, and, to be honest, with the recent banwave, I kiiiiiiiinda understand them, but I’d still choose CFW over anything. Plus new methods of homebrew loading are presumably “safer” (in terms of Ninty not knowing we’re executing them), but I really think that Nintendo can truly detect these things, just they don’t want to ban like half of their user base hahaha.

Anyway, sorry about the wall of text. I hope everything is coming along just fine with the project.

Have a nice day.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM