• Likes 90

xz11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I did not think you were accusing us. I was just being clear. Also, if you have a degree in Japanese Studies and wish to help us, more translators are always helpful.

As for programming, knowledge of low-level concepts is most definitely needed. If you want to work on the tool, knowledge of C# and WPF is needed.

Something we still need is a person who has knowledge of ARM Assembly.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I work full time, so I could only help out a bit. I am a programmer, though I haven't done anything in C# in quite a while so I'm a littly rusty there and I definitely don't know ARM Assembly.

I'm still not quite satisfied with your answer. What exactly do you need coded? A converter? For what exactly? If you could list things you need done in detail, I think you might have an easier time finding collaborators.

Reactions: DarthDub

xz11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A key part of the script files in the the game are encrypted. We'd like to decrypt that part.

As for tools, we need tools that allow us to insert English text into the game files. I just received information from our programmers that perhaps more people are not needed for this task, so don't worry about it.

Anthiflo

Trophies
Website
www.aai-fr.com
XP
Country
France
Good luck with your project, I can't wait to play it before we start a french translation.

If needed I can help you with graphics, but it seems you already have people for that.

Last edited by Anthiflo,

I_AM_L_FORCE

Unban me from Discord
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Coder, as in someone who is fairly experienced in programming applications. Also yes, a lot of the translations are taken from these videos, with permission from the creator.

We've had them come and go. Court Records is rather dead as a community, most of them have moved on to other vast parts of the Internet, such as /r/aceattorney.

We have no plans at this time to change the voices.

Really? An ace attorney without "OBJECTION!" I think recruiting VAs would be cool

onepiecefreak

Kuriimu 2 Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Uwabami But xz11 said they doesn't plan to voice changing. Luke doesn't desire to get VAs NOW and IMMEDIATLY. But he would found it cool if it would be implemented later on. Which was denied by xz11.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@Uwabami But xz11 said they doesn't plan to voice changing. Luke doesn't desire to get VAs NOW and IMMEDIATLY. But he would found it cool if it would be implemented later on. Which was denied by xz11.
Well, maybe let then do the rest first and then they may decide to do the voices.

But considering this title is deeply rooted in Japanese history and was therefore not considered for official localization, an English dub may not fit the mood.

Reactions: DarthDub and Kyojin

xz11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did not say "no". I said that we currently have no plans. In other words, "we don't know yet".

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
(especially old Japanese).

This game isn't really "old Japanese."

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

How many translators are working on this now?

I've mentioned on previous threads that I played the base game and kept all my notes, so could translate pretty quickly given a script dump in rough order.

Uwabami

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Oh, I didn't talk about this game there, as I haven't played it yet. I was just remembering my lessons in 古語 with a headache...
But it's great you already have your notes. Like I said, I can't do too much because of work, but a few pages should be fine if you do end up needing help.

Reactions: DarthDub

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended