[Project] The Great Ace Attorney (Dai Gyakuten Saiban) Fan Translation

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by xz11, May 22, 2016.

1. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    They are sort of like dev notes in an interactive fashion. Not too high in our priorities. ^_^

2. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Japan
    Hope's Peak Academy
    Looking forward to this. I hope you plan to release a version as soon as a case is translated. That would keep us occupied while the others are being translated.

Kyojin likes this.
  3. onepiecefreak

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    A case-by-case release would be nice.

4. Feroz El Mejor

Feroz El Mejor GBAtemp Fan

Jan 26, 2014
    Spain
    Villa RaĆ­z (Hoenn)
    Yes, I want this too, I actually played the first case thanks to a translation on youtube, playing and watching the translation at the same time:

There's another translation on youtube, but it hasn't the answers of the botton screen translated and I liked a lot more this one, the only bad thing are the "translated names".

I asked about this before, but... If someone makes a reference of something that has another name in localization (like a site or something easy to "localize") is the team about to put it?

Because there's a few references on the first case for example and I would apreciate they, for example localizate the name of Ryunosuke Naruhoodo to Ryunosuke Wright isn't necesary.

5. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    We will not localize references to places, people, or things that have appeared earlier in the series. For example, Payne will stay as Auchi. The pun is still funny.

6. koyuki38

koyuki38 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 2, 2015
    France
    Will you keep the Naruhodo name or turn it into 'Wright' ?

(because naruhodo sux, except that this time it's not phoenix si IMO it's acceptable to keep it)

7. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    You have my support. I hope the characters still end up having their unique personalities tho

8. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    We will definitely keep the personality and tone of the original game intact.

Also, we're staying with Naruhodou. We figure it is kind of jarring to call him Wright with the setting and atmosphere of this game.

9. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Nice new thread :D Since you're still looking for help and if it wouldn't be too much of a hassle. I'd be happy to come back on!

10. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    Sure! That goes for anyone else that posted in this thread who wants to help. Simply email us at dgsrecruit@gmail.com and we will get to you.

BurningDesire likes this.
  11. BurningDesire

BurningDesire GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 27, 2015
    United States
    Behind a screen reading news
    Sent!

12. c80n

c80n GBAtemp Regular

Aug 7, 2014
    Venezuela
    How is the coding part of the project looking? did you manage to sort that out?

13. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    We are in need of coders to help us program new tools to work with the game. If you know people, send them our way. ^_^

14. Uwabami

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    Well, coder is a very broad field. I think you should clarify what exactly you need. And on the translation: are covered there? I heard you took it from a video..?

DarthDub likes this.
  15. nxwing

nxwing GBAtemp Addict

Jul 22, 2013
    Philippines
    The Capital
    Have you contacted people who worked on the second Investigations game? Some people at Court Records might be willing to help

16. I_AM_L_FORCE

I_AM_L_FORCE Unban me from Discord

Feb 19, 2015
    London
    I have a question, will the VA for Naruhodou be in Japanese or English? ( Eg Objection, Hold it, etc.)

17. onepiecefreak

onepiecefreak The Special One

Aug 12, 2015
    Germany
    Oh good question. Do you record new sounds for the Hold it, Objection and so on?

18. KJ1

KJ1 Old Member

GBAtemp Patron
    KJ1 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 2, 2014
    India
    Good luck guys! :) Eagerly waiting for it to be completed!

19. xz11
    OP

xz11 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 18, 2016
    Canada
    Coder, as in someone who is fairly experienced in programming applications. Also yes, a lot of the translations are taken from these videos, with permission from the creator.
    We've had them come and go. Court Records is rather dead as a community, most of them have moved on to other vast parts of the Internet, such as /r/aceattorney.

We have no plans at this time to change the voices.

20. Uwabami

Uwabami GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 4, 2014
    Germany
    You misunderstood me. What field in programming. There's people good with graphics or sound or data or hacking existing apps. Coders specialize in different areas. And I didn't accuse you of stealing, I was just wondering if it's possible to take a translation from a video and apply it to a game seamlessly. I have a degree in Japanese Studies and I know from experience that translating it can be a bitch (especially old Japanese).

DarthDub likes this.