[Project] Spice and Wolf DS Translation

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by suruz, Jan 27, 2011.

1. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the tools and explanation even though you are busy.

Good job so far.

2. BamItzMuffinz

BamItzMuffinz taengirene

Jan 13, 2015
    Gyeongju
    Nice to see that the OP did come back after so long, but a little disappointed that the translation was dropped. Maybe someone with the needed skills/know-how can finish the project for the Spice and Wolf fans out there (myself included!)

3. Exelvania

Exelvania Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Thx to suruz to provide the programm and the translated text. so i will get my hands on and try to gert things started but dont expect much, it will take some time since my japanese is in the beginnings :D

4. Psiho_C

Psiho_C Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 26, 2011
    Romania
    Could some please give an update?

5. Exelvania

Exelvania Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 4, 2014
    Gambia, The
    There is nothing new, i still got all the data but my japanese is not near to a level were i can translate at the moment but it should be better n a year since i have japanese in the new schoolyear

6. Adamer

Adamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Kuroiri and Subötaï like this.
  7. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Interesting. Just to inform your doc is only allowed to view.

8. Adamer

Adamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    I'm pretty sure you are only allowed to view the first page and change the rest of the sheets. I tested it in the incognito mode without a problem.

I might be wrong, so please try out other sheets and add some kind of "translation". Thanks for the interest!

Last edited by Adamer, Nov 24, 2016
  9. Kuroiri

Kuroiri Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2016
    Last edited by Kuroiri, Nov 25, 2016
  10. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Translated some but not much. Best to have an English speaking native to check/edit those lines.

I'm busy with my current project but I'll try to spare some time for this.

Edit: So, I did up till 350. Will try to do 380 once I'm done with my other stuff.
    I'm curious if you have improved the tool.

Last edited by AdanK85, Nov 26, 2016
    Adamer and Kuroiri like this.
  11. Kuroiri

Kuroiri Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2016
    You are amazing! To take your time even if it is a small amount! I wish i could do something to help as well :/ sadly i have 0 knowledge of anything... :(

Thank you so much Adan

12. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Alright. It's done.
    Do add the rest of the files if you can.

Adamer and Kuroiri like this.
  13. Adamer

Adamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    Amazing work! I will do it tomorrow when I get home.

Last edited by Adamer, Nov 28, 2016
    Kuroiri likes this.
  14. Adamer

Adamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    I already uploaded a few files, I will upload the rest today and tomorrow. Thank you for your interest!

Adan, I missed your comments in the project itself, so I will respond to them here, if you don't mind. The "Chief" part was from the original translation. You are free to suggest other translation in the row next to it and I will use it. As for the format error, if you mean it being split as it is, it might be by design or the tool exported it wrong. I will investigate it when debugging the "final" translation. Thank you very much!

Last edited by Adamer, Nov 30, 2016
    AdanK85 and Kuroiri like this.
  15. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Alright. I think I'm falling asleep. That's all from me for now.

It's hard to type in google sheet, so I will type it here.
    Yes, I'm aware that for a VN sort of game, there's likely to have more stuff left to be translated. Did have a go at translating some files last year but I got demotivated easily back then, doing it alone. :X.

Last edited by AdanK85, Dec 2, 2016
    Kuroiri and Adamer like this.
  16. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Hmm. Okay. I'm not sure why there are so many backups. So, I am just gonna copy paste the rest of the files.

Kuroiri likes this.
  17. Kuroiri

Kuroiri Member

Newcomer
    May 8, 2016
    I dont mean to be greedy or anything! I just want to check how everything is going for you both! :)

18. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Been busy the last 2 days. I've to do some work on my current project (rechecking ~400 pages of lines) .

Will probably continue the translation on this one, few hours later.

19. Adamer

Adamer Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2016
    It's not so great. I really wonder if they were limited by the engine or something or if it was just time constraints, because the script is a mess. Plenty of the text is repeated, some stuff that could have been easily just one string with a variable is a hard coded string million times over and over. Makes working with it real pain. Especially when some of the text is duplicated for some stupid reason. I feel like I wasted some of you time Adan, I'm really sorry. I just don't think I have the time to playtest and babysit every string so you don't end up translating something that is translated somewhere else.

20. AdanK85

AdanK85 Game Addict

Nov 8, 2013
    Malaysia
    Don't worry about it. I ended up copy-pasting them when I found identical lines.
    Now, I will work on mou_2 and mou_3 files once I'm back.

Last edited by AdanK85, Dec 8, 2016
    Kuroiri and Pablitox like this.