Project Sonic debut trailer, for NX/PS4/XB1/PC Holiday 2017

To round off the SEGA stream for Sonic's 25th anniversary, a brand-new Sonic game was announced. It's (tenatively?) named Project Sonic, and will be available during Q4 2017. The game features both modern and classic Sonic forms, much like 2011's Sonic Generations. The trailer notes that Project Sonic will be made by the same team behind Sonic Colors and Sonic Generations. Interestingly, there will be an NX version of the game.

D

Deleted User

Oh my god! Am I seeing things?! Finally; we're gonna have decent Sonic games again!! :D
Also, I'm very suprised that it's taken them all this time to get round to doing something for the XBone and PS4; I am extremely excited to see how this pans out, for sure!

Reactions: Lightyose

RemixDeluxe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to make sure I'm understanding correctly, so there are two new Sonic games announced within the day? Thats 3 Sonic games to look forward to if we include the new Sonic Boom.

I wonder why that Sonic Mania isnt coming to Nintendo at all?

keven3477

Fresh Prince of Lemonade
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cool hopefully this becomes a decent game, it looks like its going to be a speed sidescroller game though so it is not sonic adventure 3 (4 considering 2016).

I only grew up with the modern sonic so its cool for me to try out old sonic.

Zense

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Another Sonic game?!? The guys making it has a good record with Sonic games so let's hope that continues! I was a bit anxious when I firat saw those realistic buildings and the music was very cinematic, but since there were no Final Fantasy characters there we should be good... (Sonic '06).

Btw I don't care if there is no Sonic game that comes out this year to mark the anniversary (unless Sonic Boom is doing that). Forcing yourself to publish a game for every anniversary is just unnecessary self-handicapping.

Reactions: Deleted User

Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
That trailer literally told us nothing about the game. Let's summarize: *movie trailer timpani hits* "Sonic game is gonna happen. Do you like generic cinema settings? We've got one in the trailer, baby! Maybe the game too, who knows, it's all guesswork. Check out how we cut back to words during this pre-rendered masturbatory marketing stunt; pretty original, right? 'IN THE DARKEST OF TIMES... THE WORLD NEEDS A HERO' It literally took us all of 2 seconds to think of that. Hey, did you know Sonic has attitude and runs? Just thought we'd remind you. ...*cough* WELP, that's about enough for one teaser, aren't you excited now?"

Reactions: smileyhead

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so basically this trailer is
"not made by the sonic boom guys we promise"
"so fast he can do a superman and go back in time"
"the wii u is dead and future games will not come out for it get ready for the NX"

Reactions: Wolfy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: