thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the GB micro have official replacement shells?
actually, the gb micro has official interchangeable faceplates which [clip] onto the front of gb micro allowing the user to change its appearance (as well as provide protection to the screen). however, as the name suggests, it is a [faceplate] and not replacement shells (shell being a replacement for the entire external casing of the system).

Golds

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They dont seem that great by the pictures to me.
Dont get me wrong the colors are cool, however.
I like the clear glossy protective stuff the DS lite has all around it
These just seem like plastic you get out of a model box.

I think I'll wait for a review.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
on the plus side, you can always get the strata (transparent) case and just swap out the inner halves. that way your ds lite would be transparent from the inside, but still maintain the 2nd clear layer on the outside.

pewpz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They dont seem that great by the pictures to me.
Dont get me wrong the colors are cool, however.
I like the clear glossy protective stuff the DS lite has all around it
These just seem like plastic you get out of a model box.

I think I'll wait for a review.

"Note : The pictures below are photoshopped renditions only. We will be posting actual product pictures shortly once the product is ready."

They should have waited until they had it ready before posting those pics.

HugeCock

Oh My....
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I found this info very intersting. Unfortunatly UPS just came and took my DS. really wanted to try this as I hate the white but the more I think about it the clear ...while uber cool in the early 90's...well I feel it would make the DS feel like some cheap toy....however Thieves idea intigues me....maybe I'll pick up a black DS and do clear insides...maybe....

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
i wonder if there gonna make one for the Phat ds. i want both my ds's to look the part

There's been DS Phat replacement shells on eBay since the dawn of man.
biggrin.gif

limtk55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi there,

Its Ray from Xtreme Enterprise. Happy to join this forum and elated to see so many people interested in our first offering to the GBA/DS scene - the SHOCK! shells. We have been extremely fortunate to have our shells recognised by so many websites/forums thus far and would like to thank everyone for their support.

Just to let you know, the day we posted the tutorial up for viewing, there were around 3000 hits in the first 6 hours. Today, we have more than 10,000 hits and it is barely a week since the pictures were launched. Quite an achievement I'd say, but something which we expected since we have seen even better response when we launched our Asterix PSP faceplates in Nov 2005.

I'll be around this forum to answer any questions and queries directly so as to alay any fears of product quality and customer service issues (although I'm not too sure if any manufacturer are allowed to do that in this forum). I'm sure this will be helpful to enthusiasts and buyers alike.

Well, for now, I'll talk to you guys again and keep you updated on the status of the project (which is really close to launch already).

Thanks!

Ray
Xtreme Enterprise

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Sweet! Welcome to this shitho- I mean welcome to the forums Ray.
biggrin.gif

Here are my questions:
1) Will the inner shells be flat underneath? Crap, I can't explain what I'm asking. Basically what I want to do is get a clear shell, print a design and cut it and fit it underneath the shell (under the buttons.)
2) Will the shell (especially the outer ones) be glossy like the original DS shells? I'm hoping not actually as I want to paint it without sanding much.
biggrin.gif

3) Is your product XTREME?

Sorry, disregard my 3rd question and sorry again if I can't explain myself well in English.
frown.gif

limtk55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sweet! Welcome to this shitho- I mean welcome to the forums Ray.
biggrin.gif

Here are my questions:
1) Will the inner shells be flat underneath? Crap, I can't explain what I'm asking. Basically what I want to do is get a clear shell, print a design and cut it and fit it underneath the shell (under the buttons.)
2) Will the shell (especially the outer ones) be glossy like the original DS shells? I'm hoping not actually as I want to paint it without sanding much.
biggrin.gif

3) Is your product XTREME?

Sorry, disregard my 3rd question and sorry again if I can't explain myself well in English.
frown.gif

Answers:

1. The inner shell where the LCD screens are mounted are in the same shape as the original shells. So the edges are slightly curved and not completely flat.

2. These are going to be high gloss but unlike the originals which has a thick plastic clear layer, the SHOCK! shells are just going to be "lacquered" glossy, which will achieve the same kind of gloss effect.

Hope that helps and keep them coming.

Ray
Xtreme Enterprise

limtk55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey guys,

Update on the packaging (prototype only. Actual will look much sweeter) :

frontpack.jpg

backpack.jpg

Update on more pix-releases :

In about 3-4 days time, we will release the hi-res pix of the cool black. Look out for it.

Ray
NDS-Central

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just received a PM from ray at nds-central and unfortunately the launch has been pushed out once more.
frown.gif

hopefully, this new date of late october will be the last delay and we'll finally see how well the cases turned out within the next 4 wks or less.

additionally, it's been announced that the project SHOCK cases will not have the ?? logo embossed on the top which will provide a nice, smooth surface to work with for all of those wanting to paint or apply vinyl skins.

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also read on their latest update, that the top shells are fully customizable. What does that mean?

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
additionally, it's been announced that the project SHOCK cases will not have the ?? logo embossed on the top which will provide a nice, smooth surface to work with for all of those wanting to paint or apply vinyl skins.

Pfft... I don't think I'm all that interested in these anymore..
dry.gif
The logo was one of the things I love about the DS Lite's design, ah well. I'll still wait to check out what the pictures of the other colors look like before I decide if I do want them or not.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
even though its listed as a post from oct 2nd, nds-central just updated their site with the following information:
QUOTE said:
Cool Black takes DS Lite to a new level of sophistication

SINGAPORE, 2 Oct 2006 (Mon) During the design phase of the SHOCK! DS lite replacement shells, we worked on a few issues: First was the fact that there were limited color releases in many continents (thus depriving certain groups of desirable colors). The second was the sound issue : The stock DS lite speakers is sometimes so weak that it hardly seems audible. The third and most serious, is the fact that the DS lite hinge is so fragile that even if handled with tender loving care, it cracks and causes agony to its owner. The fashionable game gadget, marred forever...

With the release of SHOCK! shells, these issues become a thing of the past. With 6 colors to choose from, users will be spoilt for choice. A slight modification to the speaker shell will enable louder sound transmissions. And finally, we have also reinforced the hinges to ensure a problem-free usage. Installation will be made even easier as we release full video instructions later on, in addition to our already detailed pictorial tutorial.

Upon our release of the Strat Clear prototype installation pictures earlier on, we received tremendous response from all quarters of cyberspace (even print magazines) asking for more details about Project SHOCK! and its release dates. Many were really pleased that the Xtreme Enterprise brand name has now been extended into the Nintendo product lines since it means that great quality and service can now be expected in aftermarket products. By further collaborating with major online retailers around the world, it is expected that the SHOCK! shells will soon be able to reach your favorite online retail shops sooner than you think.

they go on to mention something about a "cool black" case, but the images haven't been made available (maybe its a transparent smoke type colour
wub.gif
)

D

Deleted User

I just wanted to let you all know that the guy at nds-central.com does NOT accept cancellations of orders! He just marked my order as shipped today after I sent him several emails that I don't want a clear DS with black rubber screw pads on it's back! I also notified paypal about this incident! So be careful!

You can read the whole story here -> Project Shock!!!! Replacement Shells News, News

UPDATE: I posted a summary of my story over at nds-central.com. I wonder how long it will be there to be read by the public! Just click the following link to read it for yourself-> http://www.nds-central.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=161#161

junfeng85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello limtk55 i notice your from Singapore. I need to get one replacement shell in Singapore but dunno where to buy them. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: