Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States

Project SHOCK!

Full Replacement Shells for NDS Lite

It was inevitable. Thanks to the folks over at Xtreme Enterprise, DS Lite case mods are coming very soon! Each replacement kit includes the top & bottom shells, top screen lens, all buttons and cartridge cover. These kits will be available in 6 cool colors:

Astro Yellow

Ivory White

Dynamic Red

Dreamy Blue

Cool Black

Strat Clear

Tagged at $34.90USD, you can pre-order yourself one today at their homepage. In addition, they have an excellent tutorial on how to do this yourself. Check it out and please, be careful when you mod yours.

http://www.nds-central.com/

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask, why was this posted? There is no new content about this project than the last post about it? I would understand if they actaully had pictures or real product or some other real news. We already knew they were comming out soon, I am just tring to understand why it deamed a news topic? Sorry not trying to step on anyones toes, but it get anoying when sites post things like this, when you are expecting this section to contain truelly new topics and items.

EDIT: Self... Here is an updated picture.. sorry for the rant, but this should have been on the original post.

239206041_9ababe38ea.jpg

Link to how to...

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
they look really cool. i like the one with the graffiti tags on it.

the one with the tiger and the shark looks fucking cool too!

i would buy both but for 35$ i wont ever even buy one not even consider it
biggrin.gif

TheSpade

OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I have to ask, why was this posted? There is no new content about this project than the last post about it? I would understand if they actaully had pictures or real product or some other real news. We already knew they were comming out soon, I am just tring to understand why it deamed a news topic? Sorry not trying to step on anyones toes, but it get anoying when sites post things like this, when you are expecting this section to contain truelly new topics and items.

EDIT: Self... Here is an updated picture.. sorry for the rant, but this should have been on the original post.

239206041_9ababe38ea.jpg

Link to how to...

To respond, no one here of the GBATemp staff had posted this news. I am a recent addition to the news staff, and I was asked to post such news from those I do answer to, which is my fellow staff members. If you are unhappy that this story did not meet or beat your expectations, then that's your issue, not ours. As some have said, they didn't know about the existance of this. I was aware a couple of months ago, but now that they are taking orders, it seemed the proper time to post it. As for the picture I chose to inclose, it was one I put together from their market page. I did not choose the one you have here, because it is watermarked, and I try to not use any pictures that are.

As for the lack of news being posted on GBATemp, that is one of the reasons for my addition to the staff. You should start to see more frequent news concerning more than just ROM releases, such as accessories, homebrew, industry news and more. Just be patient, folks.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
The clear looks awful to me. I never was big into the "look inside my electronics" thing. The yellow reminds me of Donkey Kong and Banana Peels.
I'm in no rush to get a new shell...I dont even have my Lite yet (tomorrow =) yay). I'll pass till I get to see more pictures of the other colors from actual users and not the manufacturers. Looks like a fun process to swap it out though.

D

Deleted User

I'm actually quite happy you posted this, TheSpade! Thanks!
I pre-ordered the strat clear one right when I saw it! Now all I need is another lite.
happy.gif

Rayout

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The colored cases are tagged as "opaque" so don't expect a laquered outside finish like the regular cases do. The semi transparent one is pretty neat though
biggrin.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
as stated by the company themselves, the opaque versions will be high gloss, but don't expect them to have the same clear outer coating that the official ds lite cases have (which is a two-phase injection process). I've emailed them last week (giving the link to my disassembly guide) and asked for review sample pieces.

more as soon as I here something from them.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh~! I do not like them at all. I will stick with black or white only. Thank you so much, Shock! Nice try but no thanks since you are not licensed to Nintendo. I will only buy one that is approved by the Nintendo only.
smile.gif

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I will only buy one that is approved by the Nintendo only.
smile.gif
?
dry.gif
tell me rockmangames, when was the last time that you saw a replacement case for any console that was approved by the company manufacturing the console? (other than sega and their top half shells for the dreamcast).

considering the skill level required to replace the case for even a gba sp, and that opening up your console voids the manufacturer's warranty, you'll never see an "official" case replacement.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, you are right but I do not buy anything that is not approved by Nintendo. That's my opinion, thats all.
smile.gif

Otherwise, I just do not like this SHOCK at all. Maybe I am picky or something. I am just happy with black or white NDS lite since they are so pretty!
tongue.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hmm, are flashcart, rom releases, etc. approved by Nintendo? Because I thought this was what the site was about. Nevermind... you don't buy ROMs...

The clear one looks sweet. If it's flat underneath, you could make a cutout "skin" template and put it in there before you close it.
biggrin.gif

EDIT: I posted the second pic in that DS lite shell thread too.
biggrin.gif

safariman72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are they going to do one that looks like the original game and watch. That would be very different and may warrant my wallet seeing the light of day again
biggrin.gif

zone97

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
To respond, no one here of the GBATemp staff had posted this news.  I am a recent addition to the news staff, and I was asked to post such news from those I do answer to, which is my fellow staff members.  If you are unhappy that this story did not meet or beat your expectations, then that's your issue, not ours.  As some have said, they didn't know about the existance of this.  I was aware a couple of months ago, but now that they are taking orders, it seemed the proper time to post it.  As for the picture I chose to inclose, it was one I put together from their market page.  I did not choose the one you have here, because it is watermarked, and I try to not use any pictures that are.

As for the lack of news being posted on GBATemp, that is one of the reasons for my addition to the staff.  You should start to see more frequent news concerning more than just ROM releases, such as accessories, homebrew, industry news and more.  Just be patient, folks.

Here is where it was originally posted way back on the 9th of august. I'm not trng to fight here, Im just saything this was old news, anyone who pays attention to the recent topics on the right side of the home page would have caught this topic.. And you right it wasnt posted as a news story. Any we have known about the pre-order status for a while.. or atleast those who caught the original topic.

Opps for got the link.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35587&hl=shock

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
calm down now people it's easy for people to miss topics that arn't on the front page. No one's to blame for anything, spade was simply trying to contribute to the community. Also there'a chance that people who are away from the site simply don't notice that topic (I didn't) due to them not being online around that time or whatever.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: That counts as a software update :tpi: