Hacking Project Shock!!!! Replacement Shells News

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want to start this thread for two reason... Project Shock is not going to sell you a "FULL" replacement case... there is a thread on thier forum in which I and another person both wrote our personal opinions on this matter and they erased our posts and locked the thread.

Thier so called full replacement case will NOT include the rubber feet for the bottom of the ds, it will NOT include the screw covers for the top screen, it will NOT include any stylus to match the case that you are buying. furthermore i suggested that they can somehow come up with a sticker to place over the border on the bottom screen (since it cannot be replaced) to match the color of the case you are buying.

They said that they are going to look into the matter but those features (if made) will be sold seperately. so if you pay 35 bucks for a case and then have to pay shipping for that and then have to buy the rest of the parts it will easily cost almost half of what a BRAND NEW DS LITE will cost..

since me and another person both suggested to them that they should sell a FULL replacement case with all the parts needed for a FULL replacement and told them that alot of people will change thier mind about buying the case and then having to buy more parts they decided to remove our posts and lock the thread..

I strongly believe that a threads are for users to state thier opinions (following the rules of the forum) whether the opinion is good or bad..

I just wanted to state my thoughts and see what you guys think...

here is the thread which got locked

http://www.nds-central.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=43

96hondaex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If they are gonna act like that and lock threads that are only trying to help then screw them. I am not buying a case now... Not until I know I am buying a COMPLETE case.

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i just went to check thier forum agian and they completely removed the entire thread named "Plea for a full replacement case" and also removed a thread i made about how it was messed up for them to completely erase my post..

wow i thought that when a company made a product it would wanna honor its buyers concerns and hope to do good promotion. i guess business doesnt work that way for them....

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am sorry they didnt remove it .. they just moved it to the "Others" portal in the forum main page..they also moved my post but edited it saying

"*We reserve the right to moderate this forum for unconstructive criticisms*

Admin"

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I did was list all the things they won't be including in this "full" shell replacement and ask that they include them. A lot of people were wondering about these parts and if they were included.

The parts they won't include are:
Stylus
Buttons (all their buttons will be clear, including power and volume)
Screw covers (all their screw covers will be black)

So I spend about $45 (with shipping) on this product and end up with a clear DS Lite with black square screw covers on it and a pink stylus? Doesn't seem what I had in mind when thinking "shell replacement".

Let me say that they are letting everyone know these things won't be included on their forums, so it's not like they're hiding it. But so far their products page doesn't mention these items missing.

I didn't even mean to cause any trouble.
I just was hoping some people would reply and the company would see we all wanted the product to be a full replacement and add those things.

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too asked bout these products but they went about it the wrong way.. I in no way talked trash bout thier product, i just let them know that it would be upsetting to alot of people if they order the product to find out that it is not totally full. and if you are gunna sell a product it should be stated in the products page because you are talking bout someones money that i am sure they work hard for...
They didnt have to delete posts and they should try to hear potential customers out...

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this just in.... they have changed thier minds now...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:38 pm Post subject: Will be provided with the case

The screwpads will now be provided with the case as part of the package. The will comprise of the 4 on the top dualscreen, and 2 on the bottom of the case. Colorwise, it will be standard black for all the screwpads on the colored cases. (Although we are exploring the possibility of silkscreening matching colors as well. Will confirm with all later.)

We are unable to make clear rubber screwpads.

For your info please.

Ray

Topsy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure why Project Shock can't supply colored covers or clear & a stylus that matches.

I mean even Hori makes these clear soft dust cover things for the DS Lite for cheap... If they can do it?

ndsdustcoverset1b1yn5.jpg

Unfortunately, I wouldn't buy one unless it's complete... I was very interested though...

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
this just in.... they have changed thier minds now...

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 4:38 pm  Post subject: Will be provided with the caseÂ

The screwpads will now be provided with the case as part of the package. The will comprise of the 4 on the top dualscreen, and 2 on the bottom of the case. Colorwise, it will be standard black for all the screwpads on the colored cases. (Although we are exploring the possibility of silkscreening matching colors as well. Will confirm with all later.)

We are unable to make clear rubber screwpads.

For your info please.

Ray

I think these had something to do because of this post here on GBAtemp. When things like these get out, they'll suffer like hell (obviously lol)...

I'm still interested though I think the rubber screw covers and the stylus would have been nice. I'll use these mostly to paint though so it might not really be a problem. Hopefully, eventhough this isn't a flash kit, GBAtemp reviews this.
smile.gif

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i too asked bout these products but they went about it the wrong way.. I in no way talked trash bout thier product, i just let them know that it would be upsetting to alot of people if they order the product to find out that it is not totally full. and if you are gunna sell a product it should be stated in the products page because you are talking bout someones money that i am sure they work hard for...
They didnt have to delete posts and they should try to hear potential customers out...

Yeah but notice they said only black, no matter what color you get.

I was interested in these cases too. ; ;

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got banned for asking about the gloss. I read on maxconsole's forum, a member emailed them asking about the gloss, apparently it was suppose to still be shinny and such.
QUOTE said:
08-08-2006, 04:29 PMÂ
TempledogÂ
Registered User Registered: Oct 2005

From the Manufacturer:

Hi there,

The original cases are done with 2 layers of plastic, hence scratching the top soft plastic layer will render the bottom plastic layer to lose its clarity in color.

Our cases, however, does not have that additional layer of plastic but is coated instead with a substance called industrial grade polyurethane, which adds to the glossy effect while being tough as a protective layer.

Hope that clarifies.

Ray
Xtreme Enterprise

Which I think is a nice way of saying "it was too expensive for us to do the sexy co-molding" -- Oh well, at least we can try out some new color combos.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by Templedog : 08-08-2006 at 04:37 PM.Â
Link of the forum thread.
A simple yes or no would have sufficed, but instead I get banned for just asking if it was suppose to still look shinny, because the new pics released look matte, and to me that just seem like a lie to consumers about their product. To me, their customer service isn't friendly, especially with delete posts and locking threads just for clarification questions. I honestly don't want to buy their products now, but seeing as I need a replacement shell for my cracked Lite, I'll have to buy some, hopefully from a reseller, and not them.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand. All you did was ask them about it being glossy or matte and they banned you? Could it have been how you asked? Were you abrasive or otherwise rude about it, or did you just... you know... ask?

I wasn't even too upset when they moved Urbanbass' and my posts.
But completely banning a guy just because he wants to know a basic and vital question?

Asking if it's glossy/matte is basically asking how it will look. And that's their main product, something that changes the asthetics of your DS Lite.

I wonder if they'll start banning people for asking what colors they will come in soon.

;>

neojei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really know. I guess they took it the wrong way or something. I'm sure I put a thank you at the end, I usually do when I ask a question on forums. I'd acutally would not get their product if it just wasn't for my cracked case. I'm hoping when psxbox sells em, theyre cheap, or they find someone who makes em cheap. They sell those NDS phat shells for about 8$ and gba sp for about 6$. I hope they improve their customer serivce, because moving thread, banning people just because of a misunderstandment is just wrong imo. They could at least pm the author of the thread to ask or warn them, not just bann them.

D

Deleted User

I am somewhat curious about how they are dealing with cancellations then. I just recently cancelled my pre-order and asked for a refund since I definitely don't want to buy a clear shell with black (or any other colour) rubber parts on the back and no stylus included! I'm a tad sad about this though because I was really looking forward to get a clear ds lite.

However, I'll let you know as soon as I got an answer (or the money).

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't worry.
I think one of two things will happen...

Either the SHOCK company will realize this black screw covers and lack of stylus is a big deal and replace it all with their (expensive) product, or someone else will come along and do it right.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
IMO, I think a FULL replacement case should include EVERYTHING, including a stylus and rubber feet. My DSPhat replacement case came with everything, including 2 styli and buttons......and it cost only 15 dollars!!

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I seriously hope they something good happens.. i would still consider buying it if it came with all the parts needed.. I hope a more reputable company comes out with something soon.

urbanmindz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just did an new thread at the nds-central forum.. they came out with a new silicon case, which an opaque clear and i feel they should be able to make Clear rubber feet (bottom screw covers) out of the same material and that would work PERFECT for the clear case. what do you guys think?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well I believe I'm about to get hit with a spring sinus infuction