ROM Hack Project Restoration Majoras Mask Not Working HELP

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
alright i have been getting crash reports with *this* particular mod project every stinking time i try to fix the issue, it just keeps crashing my game over n over again i just don't know what to do anymore :( that i asked my friends help, even their help didn't work out either, and they don't understand why the mod making the game crash like this, heck i even asked them to download, and use the mod to see if maybe it's my system but no...it just continues to happen.

driving me up the wall, so i have no where else to go but to ask here for help yet again; now to give some information i bought a 2ds xl it is a japanese one, that i homebrewed here to read english games :3 i had 0 problems with my games except for f*ckin majoras mas- ugh but yeah i was fine until this happens, ironically enough when install mods for mario kart 7 us version it works fine, no problem but for this game - nope it hates me lol. now i have tried using luma local and auto language doctor thingies..but it won't work either :( ..i am also having difficulty playing akiatsu because it needs a japanese keyboard for me to play the game q-q....and i used to have it on my older now broken 3ds xl but i don't know where the heck did i get that japanese keyboard that allowed me to play the games that only asked for jap names not english ones. so yeah theres that..

i have tried each version of this mod..even downloaded the latest up to date and it just won't work..please i just want help, i really wanna use this mod T_T

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, make sure Luma3DS is updated and that patching is enabled, but aside what's written in the setup instructions, there's nothing much to try, make sure that you followed every instruction carefully.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well, make sure Luma3DS is updated and that patching is enabled, but aside what's written in the setup instructions, there's nothing much to try, make sure that you followed every instruction carefully.

i already have luma 3ds up to date, i have patching enabled as well - not kidding here T_T...it just doesn't want to work at all..-
does it work for you at all?? i wanna know if anyone has this mod working??

Gaara4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Are you sure that you have the correct version for your dump?
I have no problem with version v100 and my copy.

Eveldee

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i already have luma 3ds up to date, i have patching enabled as well - not kidding here T_T...it just doesn't want to work at all..-
does it work for you at all?? i wanna know if anyone has this mod working??
I just checked and it works on my EU 2DS XL on Luma3DS 10.2.1, I correctly hear the sound at startup on the EU rom, you can still try with another game version or patch version till you find one that works. If nothing works for you, dm me and I'll send you my discord to help.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Are you sure that you have the correct version for your dump?
I have no problem with version v100 and my copy.
yes, i legit downloaded the europe version from my friend who uses his copy to play the game - downloaded the mod itself, copied the europe id number of the game, downloaded the version i needed - tested it out but it doesn't work it just crashes completely on my end - heck i will post up screenshot to a video if i have to To T it's that bad.

once it crashed on his version of the game i did try to test out the other ones just like the website recommended me to do and it won't work :c i have a japanese 2ds xl...so i had to set up luma locale switcher for some of my games to work on me, which worked perfectly fine but for some odd reason when i set up the mod for majoras mask when i downloaded it -it makes the game crash completely, even at first i followed the easy tutorial but it didn't want to work with the copy that i downloaded from said websites that's when i found out about hshop - i tried with their version but nothing..it still crashed...that's when i had to research even more to see maybe i need to use luma locale region auto setter; i set it up, to use my friends file for the game itself, did everything correctly to have it crashing at the end of it all.

i just am at lost here on what to even do anymore, - it's good that it still works though.

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just checked and it works on my EU 2DS XL on Luma3DS 10.2.1, I correctly hear the sound at startup on the EU rom, you can still try with another game version or patch version till you find one that works. If nothing works for you, dm me and I'll send you my discord to help.
yeah i have the latest luma for my japanese 2ds xl, - it still crashes. i even used both luma locale switcher/region auto setter but it still crashes the mod. the game does run fine i will state that without the mod - it runs fine but with the mod it just acts up.

i even tried my friends method of downgrading the games update to the base one to see if that will work but nope.
i have tried europe, the na version too but none work..and i am not gonna test out the game in different languages cause i only understand english...

i am just gonna have to dm you =O cause i am lost..i can show you screenshots to pictures of how i set my stuff up for you can see that - i ain't failing on the tutorial that they give out on the project website ;-;

ren_leung

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine doesn't work either. Same as your screenshot.
It broke my original rom too. Even when I delete the patches, the game crashes

retrospect

Trophies
XP
Country
I'd start over. Another dump, re-download the patch, re-download Luma, follow the instructions again from the start.

Check the ROM ID and that the patch files are in the right place.

Reactions: HinaNaru Cutie

HinaNaru Cutie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Mine doesn't work either. Same as your screenshot.
It broke my original rom too. Even when I delete the patches, the game crashes
the best ting to do which worked for me was to check each version of the mods to see which one works

i can confirm the mod worked for me after doing this.

Reactions: retrospect

Gjt1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the best ting to do which worked for me was to check each version of the mods to see which one works

i can confirm the mod worked for me after doing this.
I’ve tried all three variants myself from the 3Ds folder, as I’m on real hardware, even redownloaded diff region version of the game, and tried with and without update, and only get a crash upon boot. I’ve noticed the v100 folder has a code.ips in it as well, and tried it as a last ditch effort, as I know the site says the code.bps is the right one, I figured I’d try as ocarina of time 3d randomized uses and ips code, am I suppose to have both or just bps? Sorry if this is an inconvenience.

Gjt1997

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve tried all three variants myself from the 3Ds folder, as I’m on real hardware, even redownloaded diff region version of the game, and tried with and without update, and only get a crash upon boot. I’ve noticed the v100 folder has a code.ips in it as well, and tried it as a last ditch effort, as I know the site says the code.bps is the right one, I figured I’d try as ocarina of time 3d randomized uses and ips code, am I suppose to have both or just bps? Sorry if this is an inconvenience.
Just a quick update, finally got this working after deleting and redowloading the unpatched version of the game

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup