ROM Hack Project Mirai DX - ROM edits?

LeonardoGrecchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Hey fellas.
I caught myself wondering if I could edit the music levels in the game. At first I thought about giving new levels to existing songs, by either replacing some Hard charts or maybe adding SuperHard charts to songs other than those six chosen ones.
Maybe in the future we can see about changing songs, but no priority on this.

The question: Did anyone with a bit more experience on this have started checking this stuff? Is there any documented data about how is it stored in game, for example, or I'm in the blind on the game?

D

Deleted User

I only have the demo, but I was interested in maybe trying to do super hard hacks or something too. I'll go and dump the demo in a moment and take a quick look at how stuff's stored.

Agent Moose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've actually been trying to do something for awhile now:
Project Mirai DX Save Editor: http://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wip-hatsune-miku-project-mirai-dx-save-editor.397210/
My Project Mirai DX ROM Hacking thread: http://gbatemp.net/threads/trying-to-make-a-romhack-for-project-mirai-dx.401927/

The Save Editor is almost done minus the fact that I can't figure out how to unlock Extreme Hard with it (I would love if I could get a save file from someone whom has it)
And the ROM hacking thread was asking about the different models and what not.

I've been able to do a simple music swap with a song and replace a song listing with another.

I added in the song Leia because it is in the files of the game, but it's commented out and there's no stage. The music note tracks are also there, but I haven't been able to get it to load (I haven't tried much with it, really).

So there has been some rom hacking with it, just not much. I do want to make my own songs but the .dsc files haven't been RE'd yet, so I have no clue how to edit them to create my own. I have slowly been trying to figure out how they work though.

So yeah, I can add my own song files and change the stages and what not, just not the actual music track. It's a work in progress, but it's slow going due to my job and life.

Reactions: Deleted User

LeonardoGrecchi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
The Save Editor is almost done minus the fact that I can't figure out how to unlock Extreme Hard with it (I would love if I could get a save file from someone whom has it
I can help you with that once I get home, wait for a PM

The music note tracks are also there, but I haven't been able to get it to load (I haven't tried much with it, really).

So there has been some rom hacking with it, just not much. I do want to make my own songs but the .dsc files haven't been RE'd yet, so I have no clue how to edit them to create my own. I have slowly been trying to figure out how they work though.

I'm no expert at all, but I'll try dumping my game and see what can I figure about these. No promises, though

Last edited by LeonardoGrecchi,

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I tried replacing Sweet Magic in Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX with See The lights by IA. They're the same length and the file is called: PV012_MIX.dspadpcm.bcstm
Which i assumed was the vocals for sweet magic since after I played it in Every File Explorer it started that hell of a catchy song.

So after that I renamed See The lights.bcstm to PV012_MIX.dspadpcm.bcstm just a simple copy and paste of the name. It yielded no results ;( Any thoughts?

I turned it in in Hans with the correct .romfs file name. It just continued to play Sweet magic

Stewie1.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey so I tried replacing Sweet Magic in Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX with See The lights by IA. They're the same length and the file is called: PV012_MIX.dspadpcm.bcstm
Which i assumed was the vocals for sweet magic since after I played it in Every File Explorer it started that hell of a catchy song.

So after that I renamed See The lights.bcstm to PV012_MIX.dspadpcm.bcstm just a simple copy and paste of the name. It yielded no results ;( Any thoughts?

I turned it in in Hans with the correct .romfs file name. It just continued to play Sweet magic
Lmao PV012 is Melancholic, not Sweet Magic. Sweet Magic is PV054

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In emulation overclocked FX chips makes a pretty big difference in frame rate