Hacking Project M v2 with Brawl on HDD -- Possible?

Firehead03

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
firehead.applewalrus.com
XP
Country
United States
I've tried using the .gct in CFGLoader and USB Loader GX and I get an error, "Ocarina: Too many codes." This is the only way for me to play games on my Wii, as my DVD drive stopped working a while ago, so I'm unable to use my Brawl disc.

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried today the latest version of cfg loader and I also get the "too many codes error". Could you post your settings please?

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok now I'm a bit confused, which gameconfig.txt are you talking about.

Let's do one step for another.

First I installed cfg70MODr32.dol after that I got from the Project M page Homebrew Option ZIP (Full Set) from the Project M page.
I moved the downloaded folder to the root directory of my SD card and copied the cheat file to cheat directory of the cfg loader, but I can't find any game gameconfig.txt.
And yes I booted the with activated ocarina cheats and VBI hook type (whatever that is)

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Project M is a community-made mod of Brawl inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.

Project M hopes to achieve a game similar to Super Smash Bros. Melee in many respects. It does not, however, intend to be a 1:1 Melee clone. The following is a list of the main aspects of Super Smash Bros. Melee that inspired and have carried over into Project M:
  1. A fast-paced game
  2. with flowing, natural movement
  3. where the player has a great degree of control over his character due to the technical skill that he's achieved.
  4. The balance of offense and defense changes depending on the exact matchup and playstyle, but overall tends to favor offense slightly.
  5. Offstage edgeguarding is risky but rewarding, while on-stage edgeguarding is safer but less rewarding.
  6. Recoveries generally require great skill to use, with the advantage usually being with the edgeguarding player, with some exceptions.
  7. The combos are challenging and spontaneous, with anything longer than 2-3 hits requiring a knowledge of both characters' options and some degree of prediction and/or a deep understanding of the mental aspect of the game.
In short, Project M aims to capture the essence of what made Melee a truly great game in our eyes.

taken from the Project M page

B.alpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sorry to double Post but now i've got the answer to the problem you need the gameconfig file in the root of your SD otherwise the Mod will not boot up and you get the too many codes error. I used the revolution option before because I've only got SDHC cards and this where the main problem is, the revolution option does not have a gameconfig file thats why i got the error before. Now I'm able to boot up the mod but I can't load any textures at all (because SSBB don't detect any SDHC cards). I'm really curios now if the codefile is only for the gameplay mechanics, if not you could modify the iso with wiiscrubber to load the remaining files. Any help would be appreciated

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr