Hacking Project M USB Loader booting problems..

CJ_Oatmealski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATEMP, how are you?

I have a question about my Project M. For months now I have been running Project M through USB Loader GX without any problems. Yesterday I was bored and wanted to install priiloader so it would boot directly to USB Loader GX, here's the thing... It boots properly, but whenever I select Super Smash Bros. Brawl it boots vanilla brawl with the Project M character select screen, Whenever I start playing it freezes. I have been using an 8gb SD card since I have done homebrew and before priiloader it was able to run without any problems. I downloaded USB Loader CFG to see if it was GX causing the problem, it does load Project M properly, but whenever I select my stage it takes 1-2 minutes for it to boot. I put Project M on a 2gb SD card, which does boot on both USB Loaders, but I still have to deal with the stage loading time. It was ever since I installed priiloader I have been having these problems. It is very irritating.

I am running homebrew on 4.3u, 8gb SD card, I have Ocarina enabled and set hooktype to VBI. I followed this tutorial:

Who ever can help me it'd be much obliged.:P

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
It's probably the issue most priiloader have encountered:

in priiloader, don't install the USBLoader's boot.dol, but the forwarder's boot.dol (that dol is located in the wad/forwarder/ folder in the all-in-one package)
or if possible, set to auto-launch the forwarder channel (TitleID: UNEO), which will grant you AHB access.

edit 2018 :
don't follow the 2014 suggestion.
install the forwarder channel, and then install this in priiloader instead :
https://sourceforge.net/projects/us...EO Channel Booter for Priiloader.zip/download

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: CyberMario

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt