GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's going to be another "dark" game for the DS. Not certain yet if it's technically a survival-horror game or in the first-person, as was Dementium, but Gamespot reports: "The game will use the same 3D engine the team used to create Dementium: The Ward."

The setting is, as you may have guessed, on the moon. It's a future-type thing. This time, however, not being published by Gamecock, and that could prove to be a good thing. I, for one, was not pleased with the save system in Dementium, and it's my hope Renegade Kid was not behind that design choice. I'll look forward, therefore, to seeing how this game shapes up.

Source: Gamespot

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read an interview and it was RK's choice to not put a save in the game as they thought that it would make the game intense. It did but annoyed a lot of people. My only problem with the game was the level design. For a first DS game though it was outstanding, and used the sound amazingly well and for me is still the best FPS on the console. Though playing it a second time round had lost a lot of its edge for me.

I hope that they saw the criticism of that game and will use it to help the next title.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
The engine was good.. but there was some very bad design decisions on Dementium.. the save system was one.. another thing that pissed me off was that if you killed a monster and got out of the room.. when you went back to the room, the monster was back! But the items just vanished when you got them.. and was hard to find ammo in that game.. that was really annoying..

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
CockroachMan said:
The engine was good.. but there was some very bad design decisions on Dementium.. the save system was one.. another thing that pissed me off was that if you killed a monster and got out of the room.. when you went back to the room, the monster was back! But the items just vanished when you got them.. and was hard to find ammo in that game.. that was really annoying..
Exactly the same for me. And that save system didn't made the game more enjoyable
lecture.gif

The sound and the visual were good, other than that.

If they're gonna do a game with a good save system, I'm all for it.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renegade Kid say that its gonna be "frequently violent" and "always disturbing."

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/03/14/renegade...ion-title-moon/

So another M rated DS title to look forward to. I wouldn't be surprised if its called Dementium: The Moon, unless of course Gamecock own the name.

I didn't mind it not saving until you finished a level, it made the game challenging but then I've been playing games for a very long time and remember when the only thing that was saved was the score.

RK have started a blog:
http://blogs.ign.com/Renegade_Jools

The hype starts now I guess.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If your not getting your pills from Psi's discount drugs who knows what your swallowing! +1