Homebrew [Project] Injecting any app into Health and Safety?

• Thread starter d0k3
  • Start date
  • Views 44,209
  • Replies 149
  • Likes 6

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh I don't know what's going wrong there... @dark_samus3, any ideas?
Interesting, we had problems with cp in the Mac script too... (BTW that should be ready as soon as the guy I'm working with gives me one of the needed files) we spent a couple hours trying to debug it, not sure why it isn't working in the slightest though... The variable ($2) is fine since it works with cat and the basic syntax is fine (cp means copy paste BTW) since all it is is file to copy, and location to paste, so it's 'cp $2 work/hs.app' ($2 is the same as %2 in the windows script) anyways, the book I wrote aside, I'm looking into it, but until then changing the 'cp $2 work/hs.app' to 'cat $2 > work/hs.app' should fix it

Last edited by dark_samus3,

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@d0k3 GUI has been updated and compacted. :D And the old one removed.
For those who want to use it.

Some code improvements behinds the scenes too. :)

Just copy your hs.app and cia file(s) to the same folder and run it, press go and done. :D

Tested and working on both 32 and 64 bit windows. virtual machines ftw!

tj5nER9.png
umm the file broke i think it cant be unzipped

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
umm the file broke i think it cant be unzipped
7zip > use it.
And also "unblock" it after downloaded... right click > properties > unblock > apply > ok. then extract it.

>goes to the old, outdated project thread and complains a link is down

here's a link to the regular thread :P
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/
No that's the latest GUI version, i just posted it in the wrong thread. lol :P

Hamby0311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, My name is mike. I have followed plailects guide to the T. I am currently in part 4(getting the OTP) and i have run into an issue. I cannot seem to find the solution anywhere so I was hoping maybe you could help. I have gotten down to step 14. I took the HS.app and fbi.cia and placed them into the input folder. once i double click on go, all i get is a bunch of failed notices and then it makes the "FBI_inject_with_banner.app" with 0 bytes of data. I am getting this error "warning, could not read common key", as well as "error:unknown file type" any help would be appreciated thank you.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, My name is mike. I have followed plailects guide to the T. I am currently in part 4(getting the OTP) and i have run into an issue. I cannot seem to find the solution anywhere so I was hoping maybe you could help. I have gotten down to step 14. I took the HS.app and fbi.cia and placed them into the input folder. once i double click on go, all i get is a bunch of failed notices and then it makes the "FBI_inject_with_banner.app" with 0 bytes of data. I am getting this error "warning, could not read common key", as well as "error:unknown file type" any help would be appreciated thank you.
Gives us the exact output so we can see it. Also let us know what OS you are doing this on.

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
Last edited by Shadowtrance,

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country
It is already in the release thread, were it belongs:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-inject-any-app-into-health-safety-o3ds-n3ds-cfw-only.402236/

This is the development thread, but as it happens it turns up every os often. Want to provide a screenshot for the opening post, btw? But do it in the release thread!
That links to the old GUI that still uses the bat files. :P But there's a screenshot in that link anyway, it doesn't look any different on the outside, just the code behind it.

Hamby0311

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried shadow trances GUI and the error it gives me is "hs.app is still encrypted" Im a little bit savvy in what im doing but in this area im just lost lol.

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That links to the old GUI that still uses the bat files. :P But there's a screenshot in that link anyway, it doesn't look any different on the outside, just the code behind it.
I don't find it, the screenshot. And, yup, there were actually two links in there and I only fixed one.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I just tried shadow trances GUI and the error it gives me is "hs.app is still encrypted" Im a little bit savvy in what im doing but in this area im just lost lol.
How did you get that hs.app? Not via Decrypt9WIP, I take it?

Shadowtrance

Trophies
XP
Country

d0k3

3DS Homebrew Legend
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, I've seen @Hamby0311's files, and both of them have the correct size, but contain only 0xFF bytes (the log and the app). No idea how that happens, but I suggest you first run a virus checker on your computer (just to make sure, improbable it finds something), then use another SD card and try again. Or at least format this one properly (make backups!).

EDIT: Also I hope this is no comeback April fools :P.

Last edited by d0k3,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu