Gaming Project CARS - Wii U-specific details, Wii U uses Ni-Fi, apparently.

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,975
  • Replies 18
D

Deleted_171835

OP
project_cars_wii_u_details.jpg

- TV screen as primary view
- transfer play of the game between the TV and controller
- screen as secondary view, switch between rear-view mirror, overhead map, telemetry
- primary input method, drive by tilting the controller, onscreen buttons replicate the buttons/switches on a real wheel
- Secondary input method, manage decisions in the pits (swiping through tire choices, setting fuel amount)
- Camera: Personalize your profile, pose for the podium
- Menu navigation method: Flick photos from your gallery to the TV, private chat with teammates

http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=176335

---
And in other news, the Wii U apparently uses Ni-Fi now (think the same stuff used for DS Download Play). This should allow for a much farther range - think playing in the bathroom! - which would be awesome. The source for this is a member from Neogaf who was confirmed to be "in the know" so it's very likely that this is real.

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=37358394

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That project name is awful unless they get Gary Numan involved somehow.

Here with the Wii U / You can play all your games / While you're taking a dump / It's the only way to live / With CARS!

Reactions: 2 people

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Boy oh boy, I wish the Wii U controller had analog triggers. Oh well. Guess that goes in the pile of dreams deffered (which by the way is a DISGUSTING poem)

Before this post gets deleted, at least let me present my case; this thread has to do with an upcoming Wii-U driving title. Personally, I believe that analog controls are superior to digital in regard to braking and accelerating. I'm sorry if my post is so wildly off topic that it requires immediate moderation.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Boy oh boy, I wish the Wii U controller had analog triggers. Oh well. Guess that goes in the pile of dreams deffered (which by the way is a DISGUSTING poem)

Before this post gets deleted, at least let me present my case; this thread has to do with an upcoming Wii-U driving title. Personally, I believe that analog controls are superior to digital in regard to braking and accelerating. I'm sorry if my post is so wildly off topic that it requires immediate moderation.
You mean like the Gamecube controller had? But why would this matter in a racing game?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
You mean like the Gamecube controller had? But why would this matter in a racing game?

Realism. Do you know of a single real life car that allows only full speed or stop, with no variance in between? A car that either stands still or goes ad a constant 120mph?

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Realism. Do you know of a single real life car that allows only full speed or stop, with no variance in between? A car that either stands still or goes ad a constant 120mph?
Touche.

That said, it might be possible with a different controller. I personally can't imagine the touchscreen being needed for anything in a racing game. And those classic controllers that aren't wireless just won't cut it, and I suspect seeing a wireless version of the classic controller being released for the Wii-U. Perhaps that might have analog triggers? It could be a hybrid between the classic controller pro and the gamecube controller.

Just a speculation.

D

Deleted_171835

OP

The slide pad is analog.

I thought you might like to know that the Wii U controller apparently has analog sticks with the latest revision.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

The slide pad is analog.

I thought you might like to know that the Wii U controller apparently has analog sticks with the latest revision.

No one knows what the final build will have, not even devs since they're still stuck with last E3 hardware for the controller. (Thanks to what we have seen in the Rayman trailer)
I'm expecting analog L and R triggers like those on the Classic Controller, mainly because of future GameCube VC and quite possibly even Dreamcast VC.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
No one knows what the final build will have, not even devs since they're still stuck with last E3 hardware for the controller. (Thanks to what we have seen in the Rayman trailer)
I'm expecting analog L and R triggers like those on the Classic Controller, mainly because of future GameCube VC and quite possibly even Dreamcast VC.
The larger developers do get the newer dev kits. And on a certain place that I lurk, there are people that have info on the latest devkit and word is that the newer kits have analog sticks. Then again, it's not confirmed so take it with a grain of salt.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
interesting. .. but soulx, he's talking about analog triggers, not control sticks.
Oh, thought he was talking about analog sticks. :x

Well they should add analog triggers if they want proper GC compatibility.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
interesting. .. but soulx, he's talking about analog triggers, not control sticks.
Oh, thought he was talking about analog sticks. :x

Well they should add analog triggers if they want proper GC compatibility.
or they could do the easy thing and just keep Gamecube controller compatibility. lol. i doubt it though

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The slide pad is analog.

first version of the classic controller have analog shoulder buttons.

mjh2260

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah I hate digital controls for racing games, thats why I stick with PC and my logitech wheel.

btw what's wrong with "a dream deferred"? I did a short paper on it in English...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...