Project Cars Delayed to March 2015

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Tom Bombadildo, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Tom Bombadildo is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    [​IMG]

Project Cars, the cool ass "next-gen" realistic-looking racing simulator, has been delayed from November 2014 to March 20, 2015. According to forum posts from Project Cars site, the reason for the delay is because "This delay has come about because a couple of other big games have announced they are shipping around the same time as our planned first date."

The studio released an official statement regarding the delay:

EDIT: It should be noted that March 20th is the release date for the PC/PS4/Xbox One versions, the Wii U version still has no confirmed release date.

:arrow:Source

2. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California
    They've all been delayed. Sounds like it's never coming out. :P

3. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    But you're all I've got tonight, Project Cars.
    You're all I've got tonight.
    I need you.
    Tonight.

4. Vipera

Vipera Banned

Banned
    Aug 22, 2013
    United States
    Away from this shithole
    ...uhm...

http://www.iracing.com/

As long as this is up, they will never have the "perfect" moment. Just release it already.

5. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

Jun 14, 2009
    United States
    2014 strikes again!

Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Nathan Drake

Nathan Drake Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.

Jan 2, 2011
    The Wii U version will come out long after the other versions have sold as much as humanly possible, and thus, the Wii U version will flop and that developer will never release a Wii U game again because of it.

NakedFaerie likes this.
  7. dauphin327

dauphin327 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    Canada
    Project_CARS_RePack it's released somewhere, the latest version tho.

8. BerserkLeon

BerserkLeon Not-so-new member

Mar 22, 2010
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    I'm not even interested in this game, but uh, HELLO?! Oct-Dec is always AAA release time. Dumbest reason to hold back a game, ever.
    It's one thing if they're like "well, we still have a bunch of bugs to squash" but no, they just don't want competition.

9. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    PS4/XO for 2015, Wii U for.. 2016 or never. lol

This game looks promising and something I'd wish GRID 2 had been so I'm looking forward to it.

10. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    the fact that this "game"is still a "working title" just reeks of VAPORWARE.

11. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Err...you don't know much about Project Cars, do you? The devs release monthly beta builds to their crowd-funders, there's even a recent one out and about on warez sites.

12. stanleyopar2000

stanleyopar2000 The Official GBATEMP Thread Killer. No Mercy.

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Thank you my good friend. I will...uhm..."research" this.

13. NakedFaerie

NakedFaerie GBAtemp Fan

Jul 12, 2007
    In the shadows behind you
    EXACTLY. It looks like ALL WiiU games are released late with the worst of them all WatchDogs. Do they really think WatchDogs will sell? I've already finished it on 3 consoles so why would I even want to buy it on another at full price so late after it was released? And the WiiU version is coming without any DLC so its the full priced, standard version 9 months late.

And Project Cars.... so all versions are getting delayed but the WiiU version is getting delayed even longer. Doesn't make any sense except to give it a reason for low sales so the dev has a reason to not make anymore games for it.

Too me it looks like game devs dont want to make games for the WiiU so they delay its release, OR is it Nintendo forcing the delay? I dont know but its stupid if you ask me. If they really want the WiiU to sell games then release the WiiU version first and the other consoles version a month late the opposite to what happens now and you will see the WiiU versions getting a lot more sales.

I'm just pi$$ed I got a WiiU and there are nearly no games for it. I got a PS4 only a few months ago and a WiiU about 1.5 years ago and I've already got double the PS4 games than WiiU thats because there are games to buy for the PS4 where there is nothing for the WiiU.
    Nintendo are to blame for this for not being nicer to the devs and putting stupid restrictions on the eShop games and actually not releasing a console with better features. A 10 year old touchscreen, slow CPU and video card, 20 year old games... its a fail from the start, oh and to add the most uncomfortable controllers ever. Next time get a 4yo to draw the controller design as I bet they can do a better job to whoever invented the WiiMote and WiiU gamepad.
    Heres an idea Nintendo, get a block of playdoh and squish it in your hand. Now open and close your hand. See how it fits and its comfortable. Now make a controller around that squish of playdoh. A square block is not comfortable and you cant play games for long with it so thats not a good design. And a touchscreen from the 80's is not a next gen idea, go have a look at what the competition are doing. iPads, iPhones, Android, PS Vita, ALL those screens are the new touch screens NOT this crap in the WiiU Gamepad. Then go have a look at the specs of the PS4 and Xboned and see what you are missing. Now put all that together and re-release the WiiU next gen console and give the game devs a good reason to make games for it, the way the WiiU is I can see why they dont want to. Its old, clunky and well just old.

14. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Considering the game's coming out in 2015, shouldn't they start to use its official title?

I wonder what they'll come up with.

There's already:
    - FORZA
    - GRAN TURISMO
    - TOCA RACE DRIVER
    - RACE DRIVER
    - DRIVER
    - REAL RACING
    - GRID

Good luck coming up with an original title maybe something such as: Professional Drive Racer -- no this sounds too unoriginal and bland.

15. Tom Bombadildo
    OP

Tom Bombadildo Honk!

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Jul 11, 2009
    United States
    I forgot
    Project CARS is the official title. CARS stands for Community Assisted Racing Simulator.

16. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Jan 13, 2010
    Canada
    In front of my Computer
    March 2015 . . . well, thats when DFO global server goes back live . . . guess ill miss out on CarS :P