Homebrew Project 64 Saves and Wii64

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yesterday I was trying to use my project 64 save of Ocarina of Time on Wii64 and well, I didn't exactly get a good result. But I was still wondering. Are saves between the two emulators interchangeable? Has anyone swapped save files with a good result?

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
You will probably get a quicker answer if you just try it out yourself. What do you have to loose? Make sure you have a backup copy of your save file before doing anything drastic. But honestly how long does it take to test? 20 seconds? How long will it take to get an answer from a forum? Who knows, but its still a waste.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LightyKD said:
Yesterday I was trying to use my project 64 save of Ocarina of Time on Wii64 and well, I didn't exactly get a good result. But I was still wondering. Are saves between the two emulators interchangeable? Has anyone swapped save files with a good result?

QUOTE(Crass @ Feb 16 2010, 08:38 PM) You will probably get a quicker answer if you just try it out yourself. What do you have to loose? Make sure you have a backup copy of your save file before doing anything drastic. But honestly how long does it take to test? 20 seconds? How long will it take to get an answer from a forum? Who knows, but its still a waste.
He already did.

On-topic: I don't know.
frown.gif

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
There is an app that converts a few bytes of them to make them work, but after searching for a bit I can't find it.

I think it might have been in a topic on either wiibrew forums or tehskeen. From what I do remeber some format of saves worked, some needed renamed and others needed some bytes changed. But sometihng does exist so look all over and you will find it.

kevenz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would play Zelda 64 on Virtual Console rather than Wii64........ it should be bug-free and crash-free
smile.gif

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice now if some games would work maybe i can bring GB GBC data over mabye with that Project 64 emulator.

drvipej

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has ANYONE got a save file for the wiiN64 for Super Mario 64 by any chance?

My 7 year old put a lot of time getting past the first three main level... his save file disappeared and he was devisted.

Not sure what to do and help him out.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to convert the saves fine with a hex editor.

I know you got an answer, but if you ever want to do the same for Virtual console saves, I've found N64 games frequently need that. Ocarina of time was just a byteswap as I recall, but it can be much worse. Majora's mask needing byteswapping AND added padding.

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
drvipej said:
Hi s3phir0th115,

Can you explain for people like me?

eg Open the eep save file with hexedit, then....?

Thanks

There should be an option to byteswap or byteflip your data. When I used Hex Workshop it was a matter of going to "Tools\Operations\Byte Flip", then selecting 32 bit unsigned long and hitting ok.

For padding you can just add blank bytes to the end of the file, or just copy paste the padding from a save it made.

What I always do first is start a quick save, then extract that so I have something to compare with to have an idea on how to convert it.

Let me know if you need further help.

renejr902

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there. i found a way to convert project 64 eep save file to Wii64 eep save file. i convert them myself with Hex Workshop. DO NOT BYTE FLIP, it dont work.

i can explain it but it a little difficult. Later, i will explain how i do it, but my english is not great, so it wont be easy to explain.

all the files i converted work. i can upload them.

i upload a Mario Party1 eep save file for Wii64 ( Mario party 1 save 100% complete )

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RF760BZA

if you insist i can convert you a few files. but be patient im not always on the net. upload your project 64 file and i will convert it to work with wii64 when i have time.

NOTE: PLEASE USE THE OTHER TOPIC: '' i found a way to convert project 64 eep save file to Wii64 eep '' TO ASK FILE

i hope i make someone happy with this file. i will upload others games later too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good