ProgressiveSwitch

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by JoostinOnline, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011

ProgressiveSwitch by JoostinOnline at 12:55 PM (530 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. JoostinOnline
    OP

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    [​IMG]
    Since some VC doesn't run in 480p on an emu-nand, you have to switch to 480i. Going into settings everytime can be frustrating, which is why I made this app. Run this and it swaps your Wii between 480i and 480p, depending on what setting you have.

Downloads
    ProgressiveSwitch v1.3
    Please link back to http://tinyurl.com/ProgressiveSwitch for downloads instead of hosting it yourself. It ensures that people will always receive the latest version.

Changelog:
    v1.3
    • Optimized and a little smaller
    • It now exits to whatever loader you used to launch it if in real nand
    • The postLoader forwarder channel has been added as an exit option when in an emu-nand.
    v1.2
    • It's bigger, but that's the price of success
    • Fixed the emu nand bug for realz. It now lets you choose between restarting the Wii or loading the Homebrew Channel/Filter.
    v1.1
    • Almost 50% of the size.
    • Hopefully this will fix the freezing issue when run from an emulated NAND.
    • Faster
    • No longer prompts to continue before exiting.
    • Tiny code cleanup
    It occurred to me that this could also help people with display issues. Sometimes people's Wiis will get stuck in 480p, so they can't use composite cables. If they can manage to run this app, it will switch the display back to composite.

Note: B.L.I.N.D. v2.0 and above have ProgressiveSwitch implemented.

2. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

If you start a wii without a component cable attached (ie no cable or composite cable) it won't use 480p, thus easily solving the problem of being stuck in an unusable video mode.

3. SickPuppy

Member SickPuppy New Member

United States
    I think you're right, I use a standard analog TV and cannot even change my resolution to 480p. So, by default, if component cables are unplugged from the Wii then the setting will revert back to 480i?

4. JoostinOnline
    OP

Member JoostinOnline Certified Crash Test Dummy

United States
    Normally that is true. However, sometimes people with bad av encoders get their Wii stuck in 480p and can't switch back unless they can find their way through the settings and disable it, or purchase component cables and use a TV that supports them. It's extremely rare and I've only seen it maybe three or four times over the past couple years. Most cases you just have to replace the av encoder.