Hacking Programmer experienced with model formats needed (Smash U)

soneek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would anyone be willing to help out with some programming to implement custom models in Smash Bros.? Preferably someone that has experience with generic model formats, MaxScript or Blender scripting, or PyCollada in general would be extremely helpful.

I have almost no free time to work on a model importer for Smash U, and so far I've only really done vertex importing. If you're interested in helping push things forward, please PM me with examples of what you've learned related to model reverse engineering, or model scripting at all. I really wanna move forward with importing models from elsewhere.

Last edited by soneek,

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you know about Noesis? It is a model previewer that was made specifically for people modding games and supports different importing methods, like python scripting. I have made a Autodesk 3DS-Max plugin, but it was for the 2010 version, although people told me it worked in 2011, but I don't have that installed on my new computer right now, and most people have upgraded to the newer ones anyway, but if you have the 2010 version, I could try to find my source code and write up an importer if you tell me the specifics of the model format. You should really check out Noesis though, it's a great program.

Last edited by brienj,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat