A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So are there any? i've tried out a few, and they seem to lag alot, though it might just be my comp. o and it doesn't matter if they're free or not
wink.gif

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Fraps. Any full screen capture program will make your computer lag while playing games. Since it uses up resources and saves it in realtime ;P

So yea, if you want to record new games in full screen without lowering the settings. You'll need a decent powerful computer.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Killermech said:
Fraps. Any full screen capture program will make your computer lag while playing games. Since it uses up resources and saves it in realtime ;P

So yea, if you want to record new games in full screen without lowering the settings. You'll need a decent powerful computer.
yeah fraps was the one i used
frown.gif

i'll be gettin a new comp in a few months so i guess i'll just bare with it lol

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
*bump*

yo! i just tried fraps and it works perfectly o.o mebe the version i got before was faulty? anywayz one last question, wat's a good program to record my voice while recordin the game? for comments and such. thanks

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Set Fraps to half-size and it should record fine without lag. Also, in your audio setup unmute the Microphone option on the output and make sure Stereo Mix is unmuted on the input (I'll post some screenshots of mine if you don't understand). Set Fraps to record audio.

Camtasia Studio is good too, it's what I use most of the time.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
Set Fraps to half-size and it should record fine without lag. Also, in your audio setup unmute the Microphone option on the output and make sure Stereo Mix is unmuted on the input. Set Fraps to record audio.

kk thanks
smile.gif

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
Law said:
Set Fraps to half-size and it should record fine without lag. Also, in your audio setup unmute the Microphone option on the output and make sure Stereo Mix is unmuted on the input. Set Fraps to record audio.

kk thanks
smile.gif

Got some screenshots just to make it easier to understand.

1.jpg

The important things are Front (speakers) and Rear Pink in (or Front Pink in, depending on what port you have your microphone plugged in).

Under the advanced options for Rear Pink in, turn Mic boost on. If you hear what sounds like static after doing this, don't worry the games audio should overpower it, whilst not overpowering your voice. If you can still hear static over the games audio though, just turn the rear/front pink in down a bit.

2.jpg

Simple, just unmute Stereo Mix whilst muting the microphone. Fraps will then pick up your voice as well as the games audio.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i don't have a rear pink in thingy :S
under volume control it says: volume control, wave, sw synth, 3d depth, mic, and line in. i also checked under the advanced if it was there, but nop. also for recording control, mine doesn't say mute, it says select :S

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
i don't have a rear pink in thingy :S
under volume control it says: volume control, wave, sw synth, 3d depth, mic, and line in. i also checked under the advanced if it was there, but nop. also for recording control, mine doesn't say mute, it says select :S

Mine say mute because I can select more than one input at a time, if it says select it means you can only choose one. Just hit select for Stereo Mix.

Also, rear pink should = microphone, although I've never heard of Microphone being on the output controls.. unless you don't have front pink ports, I guess.

Also, hitting Advanced Options does nothing most of the time. Options -> Properties -> Select the following volume controls.

3.jpg

But if Microphone is the setting that works as I said it should, all is fine.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
PRINT SCREEN EACH FRAME AND MAKE A GIF AW YEAAAHHHH

Seriously though, you can't get better than fraps. Especially the retail version and its often used to benchmark games even in professional reviews. If your PC can't hadle it you might want to take the hint and get another one.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Xcalibur said:
PRINT SCREEN EACH FRAME AND MAKE A GIF AW YEAAAHHHH

Seriously though, you can't get better than fraps. Especially the retail version and its often used to benchmark games even in professional reviews. If your PC can't hadle it you might want to take the hint and get another one.
i was asking how to record my voice thru a mic while recording a game full screen >.>

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
ok i went into options and properties, and selected everything. this is wat i have:
[img=http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/9724/52123150hh1.th.png]

[img=http://img160.imageshack.us/img160/585/61100051nz3.th.png]

also, the gameplay audio i'm recording comes back EXTREMELY loud and distorted. which control do i need to lower for that? pc speaker?

Yeah, try lowering the PC Speaker setting (Or even lower the Stereo Mix setting in the recording controls).

It's really all trial and error until you find something that works for you.

da_head

A dying dream..
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Law said:
da_head said:
ok i went into options and properties, and selected everything. this is wat i have:

also, the gameplay audio i'm recording comes back EXTREMELY loud and distorted. which control do i need to lower for that? pc speaker?

Yeah, try lowering the PC Speaker setting (Or even lower the Stereo Mix setting in the recording controls).

wat bout my mic issue. still can't get that to work
EDIT: and yeah it was the stereo mixer.

Law

Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
da_head said:
Law said:
da_head said:

wat bout my mic issue. still can't get that to work
EDIT: and yeah it was the stereo mixer.

Unmute the microphone in the volume control, it should then be picked up by the stereo mix.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i know everyone said fraps... I use Jing... it's a decent program... saves in SWF playable movies, but is limited to 3 minutes...

just a suggestion!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1