Program for cheating.

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by Mortifix, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Is there one generic program that I can use to edit memory addresses on games or do I need a trainer for each individual game?

2. JPH

JPH Banned

Banned
    Jul 11, 2006
    United States
    Not too sure, get a hex editor...you're asking in the wrong forum, for the most part.

3. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Assuming I did use a hex editor...would you have to use it on the save game file or is there no ingame editing or editing from a program from the EZ-Flash cartridge.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
  5. arctic_flame

arctic_flame GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan

Nov 4, 2006
    England land
    VBA SDL for Hackers (a modified visualboy advance) has a memory editor and a dissassembler built in.

6. Mortifix
    OP

Mortifix Member

Newcomer
    Jun 8, 2007
    United States
    --Unknown--
    Ok well I realized on the EZ4 client that you could attach .cht (the hack files) to ROMs as you send them to the memory card. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any .cht files for download so what I did was load up VBA and the game I wanted. I added the cheats and saved the cheat list .clt and used a converter I found and then I attached it to the ROM and sent it to the storage card, but when I loaded up the ROM the cheats weren't there. Any ideas on how the "official" process is done?

7. lanleague

lanleague GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2007
    United States
    Cheating ruins games.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice