Profiteering from Nintendo's amiibos

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
In a world of right and wrong, it is wrong that there's people who're only pre-ordering amiibos to profiteer from them, while the fans who actually want them are left in the crapper because they were only slightly a minute late but in the end, it's just business. Nintendo and the retailers don't care who the product gets sold to as long as it's gone.

Edit:

I have had a change of heart and I won't be an asshole about it so the amiibos that I can pre-order for myself and whatnot I'll sell it back for the same price to those who might want.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I don't even can get a amiibo, here people geting lot and resell for the tripe or more of the price xp just inporting a lot to have at a good priece, because the shipping is also hight ...
well I think for me just the common one if I get any chance someday :P

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I don't even can get a amiibo, here people geting lot and resell for the tripe or more of the price xp just inporting a lot to have at a good priece, because the shipping is also hight ...
well I think for me just the common one if I get any chance someday :P

Why not... would you like a Greninja, Sliter?

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Scalping isn't anything new, especially with literally any slightly collectible Nintendo item. Does it really need a thread? I have a mountain of collectible crap.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really see the point.

They are a relatively mass produced item with a ton of low quality products coming out. It's not like a "limited release" thing; they're making them to be sold in mass.

I mean if you want to buy a bunch of crap toys you can buy off a shelf at Toys R Us under the impression it'll be worth something someday then go for it, until then enjoy sitting on a mound of useless plastic.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But due to those sellers they make it impossible for fans to get the amiibos they want for a reasonable price.

Amazon has upped their amiibo prices to £14.86 now.. it was gonna happen sooner or later.

Dog eat dog, law of the jungle, faster fingers win...

If Nintendo cared they would produce more of them. Cheap plastic figures are not the hardest industrial process to master.

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip

If Nintendo cared they would produce more of them. Cheap plastic figures are not the hardest industrial process to master.

True that.

well this price is almost the same of importing one from japan or USA, o3o so is relatively good xD now its deppent how much the shipping ... you can look it for me? maybe I can afford this XD

I'll check on Monday. Been to the post office too many times this week already. :P

I wonder how long the amiibo re-selling gravy train can last with the scalpers?

As long as it keeps going out of stock and people are willing to pay high prices for them.

Eh, the Amiibo fad will run its course just like everything else and then they'll show up on eBay for a few quid.

Eventually that's what will happen. I sold Villager and Rosalina for £50 both of which cost me £10 a piece originally.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder how long the amiibo re-selling gravy train can last with the scalpers?

As long as Nintendo fans are stupid enough to keep buying them. Nintendo has an unfortunately loyal fanbase of lemmings. It's kinda scary.
Assuming Nintendo doesn't disappear off the face of the planet any time soon, Amiibos will probably continue to hold a bit of value. But cheaply made, ugly plastic figures can only sell for so much once Nintendo stops giving two shits about them and giving them no purpose to really exist.

I could be wrong though, Amiibos already have almost no purpose to begin with. One should not underestimate the stupidity of Nintenyearolds.

D

Deleted User

I've seen amiibos for around $12.00 and $20.00 USD on eBay, though.
The $20.00 one was a Wii Fit Trainer amiibo, actually, and aren't those out of print?
I keep on trying to find cheap amiibos, and it seems to be pretty easy, actually. Looks like that's never going to happen with Villager, though.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I like how people are both complaining that nintendo is going out of business because of low sales and at the same time complaining that they're selling the amiibo's faster than they can produce 'em. I can but imagine what kind of virtual bloodbath we would have had if wiiu's sold like early wii's or PS4's. :P

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Actually,, man eat man , you don't see an pack of dogs/ wolves killing themselves, they hunt together and eat other animals... it just an excuse to say " Huehue Nature laws modafaka!", but is just human greed in action :P in others words, if youw ant one and be fats enough to get it, it yours, but if you don't even want one but get a lot just to ressel latter, you are an ass xD no nature involved , just a bit of luck and lots of greed :B

I'll check on Monday. Been to the post office too many times this week already. :P

allright !

As long as Nintendo fans are stupid enough to keep buying them. Nintendo has an unfortunately loyal fanbase of lemmings. It's kinda scary.
Assuming Nintendo doesn't disappear off the face of the planet any time soon, Amiibos will probably continue to hold a bit of value. But cheaply made, ugly plastic figures can only sell for so much once Nintendo stops giving two shits about them and giving them no purpose to really exist.

I could be wrong though, Amiibos already have almost no purpose to begin with. One should not underestimate the stupidity of Nintenyearolds.
Well this deppends .. some people really go crazy over stuff, but in another way is just a nice collectible, making the " rare" is just a way to give value, this happens with TCG and figure market/collectibes in general since forever õ3o I can't say about quality but two I saw (yoshi and Pikachu) looked well amade for me õ3o, but the price isn't too high (if not count the resells)... but I don't know... here an common amiibo like Fox are sold from R$ 80 (about 26$, the dolar value is so high now argh) to R$300 (about 99$), and have people crazy to pay this! a friend of me did xAx

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I like how people are both complaining that nintendo is going out of business because of low sales and at the same time complaining that they're selling the amiibo's faster than they can produce 'em. I can but imagine what kind of virtual bloodbath we would have had if wiiu's sold like early wii's or PS4's. :P
Nintendo figured out that the Wii U wouldn't sell too much at all during its lifetime so they thought of the amiibos, and well, it's a huge success!

The amiibos in UK have recently increased from £10.85/10.99 on ShopTo and Amazon to £13.56/£14.86 so the days of getting them for £10 a piece are disappearing, there's still Zavvi and Nintendo Store (same company) but they disappear in minutes.

Better to sell them off while the heat's still on otherwise years later their value will possibly decrease severely!

Edit: The Yarn Yoshi amiibos are (well, were) on pre-order for £16.99 and £19.86! It's increasing more and more.

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

Nintendo figured out that the Wii U wouldn't sell too much at all during its lifetime so they thought of the amiibos, and well, it's a huge success!

Even though my family doesn't currently have a Wii U, I wish it's lifetime would last longer than it will. Although, amiibos still would be a good idea if the Wii U sold more.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.