Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well just found out that there is a Professor Layton Movie oO

now I believe most of gbatemp should have known and maybe even seen this film I would like to know if its worth watching.

updowners

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definately worth watching if you're a fan of the series. Also, the full title of the film is 'Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva'.

Trailer:

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw it. I liked it. Lots of twists and turns and some STELLAR animation. A definite must-watch
yay.gif

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Found and DL'd the UK Dub with the help of a certain popular English speaking image board.

Best part was Puzzle No. 001.
This was the background music:

EDIT: Not sure if this is allowed, so remove it if it violates the rules:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jusw7LPDNCs#t=09m25s
Didn't use the YouTube tag because it doesn't support time frames.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I watched it and really liked it. It is very faithful to the games. Most definitely one of the better game-movies!

Somehow it is really charming for me to see the Professor and Luke solve all these Puzzles. But I also think that in games the Layton-story is even better, since the mystery unfolds in a way bigger time-frame and therefor is even more dramatic/thrilling, since there is this building up til the conclusion rather then having the solution withing 90 minutes... Still a very nice story overall.

BTW I also really really liked the dub, which I would have never thought, since I found it to be OK in the games but with animation the dub was really good!

RchUncleSkeleton

Skeletron 9000
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded and watched it as well and I have to say it was rather good....at first Luke's voice sounded almost too kiddish compared to the voice I remember hearing when playing "The Unwound Future", but I quickly got used to it and enjoyed the movie fully!

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I found Prof. Layton's voice more disturbing than Luke's :/ Did they change the voice actors ? Anyway, I still prefer the english voices than the japanese ones

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
RchUncleSkeleton said:
I just downloaded and watched it as well and I have to say it was rather good....at first Luke's voice sounded almost too kiddish compared to the voice I remember hearing when playing "The Unwound Future", but I quickly got used to it and enjoyed the movie fully!
Luke's voice sounded different because they used the same voice actor from the UK version of the Professor Layton games. Still gonna watch the movie one day.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
When I read the tiltle, I was like "Professor Layton Movie, WTF!!!" Then I was like "Professor Layton FTW"

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
well yeah just watched it its ... ok ...

I am not a big professor layton fan even thaught i like this riddle solving, so I was not that happy with the movie.

Well I believe its not that easy to make a movie out of a game like this so yeah its not bad ... still i somehow couldn't really get into it.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
I've only watched the Japanese version with subs, but the movie was amazing. It has great effects and it's coupled with an amazing soundtrack. I love the story too, made me cry (like all of the other stories from Layton). I'm watching the English dub right now though, Luke's voice is weird, but sorta cuter.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The UK version of all the Layton material has a different voice actor for Luke and Flora, because his and her American actress' attempt at a British accent was only passable enough to fool a US audience. I like the UK actor. He sounds much more authentic.

Yes, in the US, Luke was voiced by the same girl that voiced Flora.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
watched it, enjoyed it a bit, but in the end, I found it rather ridiculous at some points... mainly the whole machine thing and building a helicopter with a chainsaw

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Clydefrosch said:
watched it, enjoyed it a bit, but in the end, I found it rather ridiculous at some points... mainly the whole machine thing and building a helicopter with a chainsaw

For me, to build an helicopter with a freakin' chainsaw is just totally awesome.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night