Professor Layton games: unlock DLC puzzles?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Kazekai, Jan 6, 2016.

1. Kazekai
    OP

Kazekai GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    United States
    So I had the misfortune to put down the first 4 games for a really long time and I never actually downloaded all the puzzles for the 3rd and 4th games (only have partially downloaded them all on the 3rd and none on the 4th since I make a point to play games in order) which means I can't get the unlock codes off the DS wifi anymore.

I have a DS flashcart and don't mind downloading ROMs for these games (I never started the 4th anyway) so I'm curious if there's a ROM out there that just has the "download" puzzles unlocked without having to go through DS wifi. Even if those servers are still in operation, I can't connect to the router with my DS or my 3DS's DS settings because of the DS being stupid enough to only work on WEP and it's too much of a bother to change the router to WEP and back again when I'm not the only one in the house who uses it.

Or is there some other way I can unlock the hidden puzzles in the games? I've never messed with the "cheat" function on DStwo (mostly because I dunno how and never had a need) but I'm interested in any way I could go about doing this.

(Sorry if this was posted before, I did a general search in duckduckgo and found nothing including posts about it here.)

2. yugix

yugix Sleepy

May 27, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
  3. Kazekai
    OP

Kazekai GBAtemp Regular

Mar 25, 2013
    United States
    So the only way to do this is use another person's savegame? It's been a long time so I can't remember if the puzzles are save-specific or if you can just start a new game and still have them.

I guess that's why I didn't find it. I was looking for uh, cleaner ways, but as stated in the thread, I guess nobody cares enough to make them. :/ Thanks though, that was still helpful.