ROM Hack Professor Layton Download Play Support?

budarc

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm a newbie here, so please don't chew me out if this question has been asked before...

I'm using a Professor Layton & The Curious Village ROM on the R4DS. I completed the game, but I'm having trouble downloading the "Weekly Puzzles." It gives me an option to download new puzzles, but when I try to connect, I get this message:

"No compatible access point in range. Check your connection settings and try again. For help, visit support.nintendo.com. Error Code: 51099."

When I try to automatically or manually change my Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection Settings, it tells me there is "no access point in range." But I regularly use wi-fi to access the internet on my laptop and Wii. So that can't be the problem.

I'm just wondering, is this a limitation of the R4? Does it not support "download play" in these types of circumstances? I'm not too familiar with it; this is the first time I've ever had any kind of problem with my R4 compatibility.

Thanks in advance for helping me address this problem! I kind of feel incomplete without finishing these last remaining puzzles!

omgmog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
omgmog.net
XP
Country
You would need to configure the wi-fi settings for Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. This can be done from any WFC capable DS game.

Now, for your DS to work with the wi-fi, your wi-fi is going to have to be set up in a specific way:

WEP 64-bit security
WEP Key index 1
SSID broadcasting
Wireless b or b/g mode

But that aside, the weekly downloadable puzzles for layton aren't actually downloaded, they're unlocked and already exist on the game. You could probably get an Action Replay cheat or a sav patch to unlock them all to play.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk