Gaming Professor Layton: Diabolical Box: Impression Discussion? -spoilers-

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 2,138
  • Replies 16
D

Deleted_171835

OP
I finished Professor Layton: Diabolical Box today and found it to be one of the most heartwarming stories in a video game yet. I liked the puzzle that incorporated the ticket in the manual (bought it, those who didn't, print out the manual/or that page). It was a cool touch - Seeing
Anton as a old man talking about his dead wife really made me feel sad
. I was genuinely freaked out when the professor and Luke
fell asleep on the Monetary Express.
Perhaps I'm too cheesy. What do you think about the game?

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wish that they would make it more 3d (moving in town) It is so boring to see exactly the same engine with no improvements at all.
So now they will make 10 games with the same graphics just different story.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gagarin said:
I wish that they would make it more 3d (moving in town) It is so boring to see exactly the same engine with no improvements at all.

I actually like how it is right now, no fancy stuff, just gimmie the basics, don't fix it because it ain't broke. Besides, it's the puzzles that matter. Puzzles and story, really.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You know, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. It's an amazing game which lived up to my absolute expectations. I have a feeling that this is better for me than Scribblenauts when it comes out.

Back to the topic at hand, this game was truly amazing. The story was incredibly grasping and compelling, I totally loved and adored it. Especially the ending, which made me cry. And the
swordfight with Anton, woah, that was fantastic to watch
The cutscences were quite improved, and I absolutely adored the huge amount of voice acting.
The puzzles were difficult, which makes them even better! The game was amazing.

Trigger_Happy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually can't wait until the next two are released here in Americanland. Right now I am puzzling my way to the cutscenes just so I can watch 'em again, because they were that frick awesome.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trigger_Happy said:
Gagarin said:

I actually like how it is right now, no fancy stuff, just gimmie the basics, don't fix it because it ain't broke. Besides, it's the puzzles that matter. Puzzles and story, really.
well eventually its gonna get canned on (some reviews are already doing it)
you cant just keep doing the same thing over again as we saw in the resident evil series for example
phoenix wright is probably gonna be the next game to go this route but they are starting to change the gameplay now in the next one

of course change could be bad also...

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Right now, I'm missing 5 puzzles and I keep getting distracted by theathre mode and replaying the ending. Awesome cutscenes. I must say, I'm actually relieved I made it 4800 picarats. I hope I reach 5000. (but it's near impossible I don't since all the remaining puzzles are 70-99 picarats)

Dragonlord

Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Trophies
Website
www.indiedb.com
XP
Country
Swaziland
The movie sequence there really is nice. The story itself is okay. Didn't jolt me out of my seat. Had some nice twists though which you catch only after you got to the end. The end itself is though cheesy like hell. But that's not a problem. Graphic wise this is okay. No need for fancy 3D stuff for this kind of game. The puzzles is a two edged sword. Most of them are easy as pan cake if you are not dim witted. Some are right out broken and incorrect ( aka multiple solutions but only some count as valid... waste of picarats ). Again others are rehashes ( like 3 or 4 times tower-of-hanoi or this solitaire game ) which get boring after the second stage. Annoying is that you can't enter numbers using a keypad type input but using the stupid stylus. The game just fumbles up all the time. It can't tell apart my "2"s and "8"s and with "4"s it has a problem too. Lost lots of picarats because the game guessed the wrong number. They really should fix this. And they should allow you to navigate without tapping the stupid shoe all the time. It breaks up the flow. Overall a nice game though. Just rough around some edges.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: